The Student Room Group

Can I go from 6-8s to 9s in yr 11

OK so I'm yr 10 I do English Maths ScienceHistoryFrenchComputer science ArtAnd I just had parents evening where i had a like 2 6s two 7s and two 8s ams like a 5 in french (idrc for french but if i can get a 7 or 8 then thats good) as i didnt do a test is it possible to get 8s and 9s only by the end of yr 11?Also the ones I got 6s in was maths and French I'm starting tutoring for maths and well I need tips for french
Original post by dianaemerald03
OK so I'm yr 10 I do English Maths ScienceHistoryFrenchComputer science ArtAnd I just had parents evening where i had a like 2 6s two 7s and two 8s ams like a 5 in french (idrc for french but if i can get a 7 or 8 then thats good) as i didnt do a test is it possible to get 8s and 9s only by the end of yr 11?Also the ones I got 6s in was maths and French I'm starting tutoring for maths and well I need tips for french

Hi, it is definitely possible and depends on how hard you work, what resources you use and the quality of your revision.
Original post by dianaemerald03

Heya!
It is definitely possible :h: You will need to work hard and make sure you do lots of practice questions. Perhaps creating a revision timetable would be helpful for that! For languages, I would recommend reading a book or watching a movie completely in french and try translating it. I would also recommend writing down some complex sentences and memorising them so you can use them in writing or speaking!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
It is definitely possible :h: You will need to work hard and make sure you do lots of practice questions. Perhaps creating a revision timetable would be helpful for that! For languages, I would recommend reading a book or watching a movie completely in french and try translating it. I would also recommend writing down some complex sentences and memorising them so you can use them in writing or speaking!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Thank youuuu yeah I will defo try that out for french
Original post by Jones11111
Hi, it is definitely possible and depends on how hard you work, what resources you use and the quality of your revision.

BTW I use seneca learning some times for science is it good?is the premium worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest