The Student Room Group

Master's Loan Query

I have completed a PGCE course but I am now looking to see if I am eligible for a Master's Loan. On this website it states that the funding for the PGCE comes from the undergraduate funding, but then in another area it states that I cannot get a master's loan if I have already received funding for a postgraduate course. So, I would like some clarification on whether I can receive one or not please? Thank you
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi,
On the government website it states 'you’ll still be eligible if you have a PGCE or a postgraduate diploma or certificate' so I would assume this means you can definitely get a Masters loan on top of your undergrad/PGCE loans.
This is the link to the website: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility#:~:text=You'll%20still%20be%20eligible,a%20year%20of%20your%20course.

Hope this helps!

Abbie
University of Southampton, Postgraduate Ambassador
Original post by jessdearing95
I have completed a PGCE course but I am now looking to see if I am eligible for a Master's Loan. On this website it states that the funding for the PGCE comes from the undergraduate funding, but then in another area it states that I cannot get a master's loan if I have already received funding for a postgraduate course. So, I would like some clarification on whether I can receive one or not please? Thank you

Hi there,

The above reply from Abbie is correct. Although a PGCE is a postgrad qualification it is classed as undergrad for student finance purposes. This means you can still apply for a Masters loan for a stand alone Masters course.

Thanks,
Tina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending