The Student Room Group

Switching to Online A-Level Courses

Hi,

I am thinking to switch to doing my A-Levels online from public college, I am unsure on the ‘quality’ of these courses, if they’re trustworthy and if I’ll get the best grades or not, do you guys recommend any course providers etc?

The main reason why I’d like to switch is because I am not a fan of the college and sixth form environment, previously I always wanted to do GCSEs at-home/online, would have probably done just as fine if I did switch to be honest.

Any help and advice will be appreciated :smile:

EDIT:

My current courses I have been taking since September last year.

Psychology - Eduqas
Computer Science - OCR
Business - AQA
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by carlinamla345
Hi,

I am thinking to switch to doing my A-Levels online from public college, I am unsure on the ‘quality’ of these courses, if they’re trustworthy and if I’ll get the best grades or not, do you guys recommend any course providers etc?

The main reason why I’d like to switch is because I am not a fan of the college and sixth form environment, previously I always wanted to do GCSEs at-home/online, would have probably done just as fine if I did switch to be honest.

Any help and advice will be appreciated :smile:

I went with Oxbridge for A Level Maths. I haven't had any experiences on other courses or other colleges yet.

I think the best place to start is to specify which subjects you want to do and with which specific exam boards. Each online course will restrict to going with one particular exam board for each subject.

If the exam board isn't good for your subject, no matter how good the college is, the specific course might not be what you want.

A side note is that you might end up having to pay for everything yourself as opposed to getting everything funded through the college/6th form. You would need to check with the Student Loan Company to check though.

If you want specific advice on my experience in A Level Maths with Oxbridge, I am happy to share that.
Hey are you with oxbridge home learning?
No I am not with any online learning platforms at the moment.

Original post by reenyyy190303
Hey are you with oxbridge home learning?

Quick Reply

Latest