Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Even the deadline still way ahead, but seems like Ernst and Young has unofficially close their application. My friend submitted her application 2 weeks ago, got rejected after 24 hours. Another one just sent here app last week, got rejected after half an hour. The latter one is like... perfect in so many ways: academic results, extracurricular activities, personalities etc. It was quite a shock to be to be honest, I was gonna send my application in this week, and now knowing all of this, it has demotivated totally.

Add to that, my friend who is a third year told me that dont bother apply to EY, they are going to outsource everything this year to other places not in the UK.

Any comments???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HALe)
    Add to that, my friend who is a third year told me that dont bother apply to EY, they are going to outsource everything this year to other places not in the UK.
    Source?

And to answer your question. I wouldn't be surprised. You'll only be able to find places in audit atm. Everything else is full!

ReputationRep:
    tbh you have left it a little late, although i applied around the end of october last yr for EY and they were ok then? who knows? ne way the point about outsourcing is a little unspecific??? - what areas? - i dont think this is true at all

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, not just a little late, but very late to be exact. I curse all the crappy society stuff that occupied me since the beginning of the year, I curse I curse I curse.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm.. I was worried that I got rejected after seeing this thread so I went and check my application on the ey system.... and it said on the status that I am invited to first interview.... (this is for London assurance internship btw)

I haven't even received any email about this nor sat any online tests yet so can this be a mistake on their part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    hmmm.. I was worried that I got rejected after seeing this thread so I went and check my application on the ey system.... and it said on the status that I am invited to first interview.... (this is for London assurance internship btw)

I haven't even received any email about this nor sat any online tests yet so can this be a mistake on their part?
    I've got the same thing, and that's what I thought too.

Did you also get a really poor (grammar wise) email from them a day after you submitted it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)

Maybe that's how they do it in EY? No email, you're supposed to check ur application status?? I dont know, I havent summited anything yet so I'm not in the position to say anything.

Can I ask when you summited ur application?

ReputationRep:
    IRT theoneandonly:

No.... but I did received two emails saying that they are still interested in my application and will get back to me asap and that they are quite busy with graduate applications now...

The grammar looks OK to me but i'm not always good at detecting grammar errors...

IRT HALe:

13 October.... it was the first application that I actually sent out and it's not very good so I'm feeling very doubtful of the interview invitation tbh... :/

ReputationRep:
    ey dont make you sit tests if you have maths alevel or a numerical degree - they do normally send emails however

ReputationRep:
    I was due to have an interview with EY for Grad- London- Audit next week. It was cancelled as they said it will most likely be full by the time I get through the process and there would not be an offer possible, so they have asked me to change service line/location!!!

I applied quite a while ago, so I do believe that it is possible that they are no longer accepting applications for internships!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it helps, but I know that EY went back on some of the grad offers they sent out last year and retracted them. Not sure of the specifics but I have certainly heard a lot of rumours of them hiring a very small number of grads in the UK this year.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, still give it a shot anyways, it's a sorta of practice as you fill out the application form. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthe_eggman)
    Not sure if it helps, but I know that EY went back on some of the grad offers they sent out last year and retracted them. Not sure of the specifics but I have certainly heard a lot of rumours of them hiring a very small number of grads in the UK this year.
    thats actually incorrect - some corp fin ppl were told to either change to tax or take 6 months - they were given 12 k and told to join 6 months later!

sounds gd to me !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thee_One)
    thats actually incorrect - some corp fin ppl were told to either change to tax or take 6 months - they were given 12 k and told to join 6 months later!

sounds gd to me !
    You may be right, and by the sounds of the detail im guessing you work at EY or have a close connection with them. I had just heard during a disucssion with one of the partners at the Big4 firm I work at that during last years grad intake, EY "went back on some of the offers" that they sent out. Maybe he was referring to 'tax or deferral' option you mentioned.

Sorry if this caused any confusion. Either way I would still apply, any interview is good practice and they keep a record of all submitted applications so if you do apply in future years they will see that you at least have shown an interest in the firm over a longer period of time.

ReputationRep:
    I did hear that some were retracted outright, but I heard that the majority were deferred or offered an alternative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)
    I did hear that some were retracted outright, but I heard that the majority were deferred or offered an alternative.
    well the option was defer (plus 12k), change to tax or forget it, so i guess you could say...

ReputationRep:
    Received call about first round interview today. 10th of December in London, anyone else going?

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.