The Student Room Group

Postgraduate loan and dropping out

Hi,
I am thinking of dropping out of my postgraduate degree in the coming weeks but I have a large rent payment due too. I found a student finance advisor on this page that stated that if one were to drop out after their student finance payment it would not be considered to be a overpayment. This was posted some time ago and I cannot find any official statement contradicting this, but I just wanted to make sure, thanks
Original post by hsjrob10
Hi,
I am thinking of dropping out of my postgraduate degree in the coming weeks but I have a large rent payment due too. I found a student finance advisor on this page that stated that if one were to drop out after their student finance payment it would not be considered to be a overpayment. This was posted some time ago and I cannot find any official statement contradicting this, but I just wanted to make sure, thanks

Hi there,

Postgraduate students who are receiving the Masters Loan are entitled to payments for all periods they have attended.

So, for example, if a student attends part of term 2 and then withdraws they would keep the full term 2 payment. However, if they received this payment and the university then advise that the student hasn't attended this term, the payment would then become an overpayment.

Hope this helps,
Tina

Quick Reply