Turn on thread page Beta

Math Portfolio #1 2008 HELP PLEASE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    By "infinite surds" do you mean infinite series? And... technically, you should only have your portfolio for 10 days...

I'm not doing this portfolio, but a couple answers to your questions:

If it's square root of 1... isn't it still 1?

integer - numbers such as -1, 0, +1, etc. (no decimals)
    exact value - fraction or radical (no decimals)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amira11)
    Hello!
    Does anybody know how to do infinite surds? I've been struggling for the past two months trying to find out WHAT an infinite surd is in order to do my portfolio...the first check of it is due tomorrow and I still haven't been able to answer a SINGLE questions... I've tried doing them on my calculator however the answer given is wrong! How am i supposed to do this?!?!
    CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE?!?!
    Here are the questions:
    a1= sqrt1+sqrt1
    a2=sqrt1+sqrt1+sqrt1
    a3=sqrt1+sqrt1+sqrt1+sqrt1

Find a formula for an+1 in terms of an.

Calculate the decimal values of the first ten terms of the sequence--> How do i do that on the calculator?!
    Use your results to find the exact value for this infinite surd what is EXACT VALUE how do i find it?!

next section:

consider the general infinite surd
    sqrt k + sqrt k + sqrt k + sqrt k where the first term is sqrt k + sqrt k. Find an expression fot the exact value of this general infinite surd in terms of k
    --> How do i find that?!?!

Find some values of k that make the expression an integer what is an integer?! (yes I'm that bad in math--PLEASE HELP!) Find the general statement that represents all the values of k for which the expression is an integer...how do i do this?!

I would really appreciate help as soon as possible!!! Thankssss
    mwah<3
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/6125266/In...ath-Methods-IA

Some idiot put his work up on the internet, but since its there there is no harm in using it as long as you don't copy it at all.

(It isn't perfect anyway; his answers to the last question of the coursework are poor, but all the maths is correct, so it will allow you to get most of the marks)

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.