The Student Room Group

Crashed Highers & Advanced Highers in s5

Hey everyone, I am crashing higher chemistry in s5 and I was wondering if I was gonna sit the exam aswell as Advanced Higher Italian as I am a fluent speaker and writer ( I am doing a course outside of school.)
Also will the advanced higher make up for one subject which I’m doing nat5 for, math? Because the course I wanna do needs 5 Advanced Highers by end of s5 but the school removed me from National 5 for some reason and I can’t do it this year.
So simply will the advanced higher count or be better than 5 Highers?
Will I sit crashed higher chemistry exam?
Thank you!! Means a lot.
Original post by 180658955
Hey everyone, I am crashing higher chemistry in s5 and I was wondering if I was gonna sit the exam aswell as Advanced Higher Italian as I am a fluent speaker and writer ( I am doing a course outside of school.)
Also will the advanced higher make up for one subject which I’m doing nat5 for, math? Because the course I wanna do needs 5 Advanced Highers by end of s5 but the school removed me from National 5 for some reason and I can’t do it this year.
So simply will the advanced higher count or be better than 5 Highers?
Will I sit crashed higher chemistry exam?
Thank you!! Means a lot.

5 advanced highers by the end of S5? Do you mean 5 highers at the end of S5?

For advanced Higher Italian, are you doing it at college?

Also what course is it that you're planning to pursue? Most unis would ask for a maximum of 3 or 4 advanced highers depending on what course it is and advanced highers are typically done in S6.

And no, one advanced higher wouldn't be better than 5 highers.

So based on your post history, your planning on doing dentistry which is only offered at two universities in Scotland; Dundee and Glasgow and you most definitely need nat 5 maths for it.

https://www.dundee.ac.uk/undergraduate/dentistry/entry-requirements
https://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/dentistry/#tab=entry
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest