This discussion is closed.
Scout
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Anyone who goes to a london uni/lives there, do you think that London is a more lonely place than others? I've just started to look at unis and my dad told me not to go to London because i won't like it, but my mum (who has also lived there before) said that it's good you just have to involve yourself in stuff. Anyone any opinions on this??
rainjan_4now
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
london as a city is great, and so are the uni's. But i think the 'problem' with london uni's is that most campus's are split and distributed throughout the city, lessening the campus 'feel' and 'experience'. Also expenses to endure, crime rates of the city, and blah blah blah...
But the plus side is that you get to meet alot of different and interesting people (like me ), and you benefit from the many tourist attractions provided, so you'll never have a dull night alone!
hallucination
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One of my friends goes to RVC (part of ULU) and visited me a few times whilst I was studying at Kent. She said it was a lot more social at my uni - the only friends she makes tend to be on her course or were in her halls in the first year. Although this means she knows quite a few people, she hasn't really got a varied friendship group like most people have at campus uni's - practically all her friends are vet students. To combat the problem of seeing the same people all the time she has joined lots of sports clubs...and it seems to be doing the trick. I think London is definitely a good choice if you're independent and like your own space, as after the first year it can get pretty lonely.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads