Big Mistake Watch

This discussion is closed.
lukedon
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hello people.

I could do with some advice. Currently I am studying Law at Coventry University. I got this place through clearing, as originally I had applied to do a Primary Education course at several different universities, and did have an offer to study it at Northampton. However, I decided that I didn't want to leave home, so cancelled the offer and went through Clearing to Coventry.

My problem is, I'm really not all that interested in Law. I thought I would give it a try, but I really can't get into it, and I have absolutely no motivation to actually do the work, which is making me unhappy.

I would really, really like to do the Primary Education course I always wanted to do, but my worry is I'm already 19, so dropping out and applying again would put me 2 years behind all of my friends, as I took a gap year last year.

Should I drop out and apply again to the course I wanted to do? Places like Birmingham City University do the course I want, so I would still be able to stay at home. But I know now I would be willing to move just so I could do the course I desperately want to do. The fact that I'll be 20 by the time I start really puts me off, and I'm really worried about the whole dropping out process, and how people will view me for doing this.

If anyone has got any advice, I would really appreciate it, I really don't know what to do.
motherofpearl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
From my own personal experiences, I would drop out if I were you. But only drop out to do something you really WANT to do. Like this Primary Education thing. Sooner or later, you will drop out anyway, if you don't feel comfortable with your current situation. And seriously, what's up with all the age hysteria in the UK? Mature at 21? I'm in Sweden, and I started a university course I wasn't very much into. I was 18 and almost all of my fellow course-mates were at least 22-23. I'm almost 21 now, and I don't give a damn about this age thing, neither should you! You've barely reached your 20s! You shouldn't start feeling like a senior citizen!!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (301)
26.06%
Yes - they're famous (293)
25.37%
No I don't (561)
48.57%

Watched Threads