The Student Room Group

Personal statement

How to write a good personal statement for Business, accounting and finance?
Hi there,

Any good personal statement must address the following points:-

1. Why are you applying for the course (i.e. discuss how it will further your career ambitions, what do you find interesting about the course, how did you first become interested in the displicine etc etc).

2. Why you are a good candidate for the course (here you want to be discussing any relevant work experience you have done to date, perhaps mention how your A-Levels/BTEC qualifications have prepared you for HE study, your work ethic, any extracurricular activities, prizes won and so on).

I hope this helps and good luck. I would definitely recommend making use of your tutor/careers advisor too for further help and assistance.

You may also find some useful accounting/finance/business personal statements on the internet to inspire you (however, be careful not to copy or plagiarise).
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sarthak10
How to write a good personal statement for Business, accounting and finance?

Hi,
Hope you are well.

If you are looking for help and advice about personal statements then feel free to join this webinar on 11th Jan at 17:00 - 18:00
Book your place via this link: https://www.wlv.ac.uk/news-and-events/events/2023/january/how-to-write-a-personal-statement-.php

They will discuss the structure that you need to use, the different pieces of information that you need to include and lots of useful tips to help you in writing your personal statement.

Hope you find it useful :smile:
LB (Wolves Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest