The Student Room Group

Which uni should I pick?!

Hi,
I’m currently trying to choose what unis to pick for my firm and insurance choice, and was wondering if anyone could give some advice on which Unis they would recommend? I want somewhere which will leave me with prospects of getting a good job after uni, as well as somewhere where I shouldn’t find it too hard to make friends, I’m quite shy and don’t really like the idea of going out clubbing every night!

I’ve currently got offers off of Leeds (BBB), UCL (ABB), St Andrews (AAB) and Durham (AAA) to study modern languages

Any advice on picking unis would be appreciated! :smile:
Original post by Patchescat123
Hi,
I’m currently trying to choose what unis to pick for my firm and insurance choice, and was wondering if anyone could give some advice on which Unis they would recommend? I want somewhere which will leave me with prospects of getting a good job after uni, as well as somewhere where I shouldn’t find it too hard to make friends, I’m quite shy and don’t really like the idea of going out clubbing every night!

I’ve currently got offers off of Leeds (BBB), UCL (ABB), St Andrews (AAB) and Durham (AAA) to study modern languages

I would say friends wise UCL defo bc Camden is a very easy place to make friends loads of sub-communities as well so you will find your clique and it is a good uni for languages as everyone needs a GCSE in a Language anyway then maybe Durham as it has the best offer but idk check them out see where you feel most comfortable?
How to Choose your Firm and Insurance Choices - read it carefully - hhttps://www.theuniguide.co.uk/advice/ucas-application/the-smart-way-to-choosing-your-first-and-insurance-choices

And remember you have months until you have to make this choice - there is no need to rush your decision.
I'd really recommend visiting each of the places! Have a good nosey round the town/city and the uni helps you get a better feel of the area :smile:
Reply 4
Great selection of universities you've got there!. I'd say out of all of them, UCL would be the hardest one to make friends at, simply because London universities in general are quite spread out. In addition, a lot of students come from home, and also a large proportion are international students. The 3 together make it a very different student experience. If you wouldn't like going out into town exploring what London has to offer and don't like going out clubbing then perhaps a campus university might be better for you? You've got all students in one place and the chance to bond with other students in halls (1st year).
don’t really like the idea of going out clubbing every night!

Then a small town Uni like St Andrews or Durham would probably suit you better than somewhere like Leeds.
Hi,

You need to ask yourself where you will feel most comfortable. I certainly would worry about London as it is extremely impersonal and i suspect Leeds nmght be too. Durham is college based and I suspect that might be easier to make friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending