The Student Room Group

english literature coursework

hiii, so im doing english literature a level and for my courseowrk the book i have chosen is Beloved by toni morrisson. my teacher gave me the question " Beloved is not a family tragedy, but a tragedy of social forces" and i really need help like idk how start my coursework off and what to say. ive been trying to look at examples NEAs but i cant find any.
any ideas or tips?
Original post by izza tariq
hiii, so im doing english literature a level and for my courseowrk the book i have chosen is Beloved by toni morrisson. my teacher gave me the question " Beloved is not a family tragedy, but a tragedy of social forces" and i really need help like idk how start my coursework off and what to say. ive been trying to look at examples NEAs but i cant find any.
any ideas or tips?

Hii, i also do english lit erm there are exampler ones on your exam boards ( i know aqa deffo does )
But imo I would say to start the essatyby defining the question ( so what exactly is social forces and is it a tragedy )
then go on to talk about where you stand in regards to the statement - does your book prove this to be true or not
then outline the main points the body of essay will expand on
( have 3 central points )

I hope that was useful and good luck with nea ! :smile:
Original post by izza tariq
any ideas or tips?

Hii,
I suggest you adopt an "argumentative essay" approach when responding to the assigned question. You see, this question needs you to argue that Beloved is a tragedy of social sources rather than a family tragedy. You need to find out the different social forces in the book (for example, is community solidarity a good social force? ). Once you identify the social forces, you can argue how they brought about tragedy. I hope this helps. Feel free to contact me if you need more guidance x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending