The Student Room Group

Crashing highers

easiest highers to crash?? please reply !!
anything that could low-key be useful for law would be great but i don't mind
I found geography and pe easy. A few friends took geography too.

My girlfriend found admin & it very straightforward
Reply 2
Original post by BlackLab
I found geography and pe easy. A few friends took geography too.

My girlfriend found admin & it very straightforward

Hello so i do take nat5 admin and i would do higher but i hate the teacher too much,
did you both get A's? or your friends? because i need AAAAA by end of s5
(edited 1 year ago)
Yes we all got As.

But, if you are considers crashing in S5 it is a very different situation. We were in S6 and we already had developed further Higher skills and had the experience of sitting exams at Higher level. Crashing in S5 without that skillset would be challenging which is why many school do not allow it. What is wrong with taking Highers from the NAT5 you are already sitting?

My girlfriend applied for law, she had 5As at the end of S5 and needed a further A in S6, it is likely you will need to crash and get at least one further A in Highers in S6.
Reply 4
Original post by BlackLab
Yes we all got As.

But, if you are considers crashing in S5 it is a very different situation. We were in S6 and we already had developed further Higher skills and had the experience of sitting exams at Higher level. Crashing in S5 without that skillset would be challenging which is why many school do not allow it. What is wrong with taking Highers from the NAT5 you are already sitting?

My girlfriend applied for law, she had 5As at the end of S5 and needed a further A in S6, it is likely you will need to crash and get at least one further A in Highers in S6.

i don’t need any of the nat5s i’m doing right now i didnt even choose some of them it’s so annoying
i changed career path this holiday and it’s too late to change subjects now
Reply 5
should i do Higher Admin??
also can you pls ask her if they pay attention to highers and if , if i don’t take history my chances of entering law school r low??
i wanna do
s6
higher modern studies or history
probably higher math too cos i’m so bad
advanced higher english
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 6
Original post by daliasmay
i don’t need any of the nat5s i’m doing right now i didnt even choose some of them it’s so annoying
i changed career path this holiday and it’s too late to change subjects now

seriously if you give me tips it’ll save a life !!
im in S4 rn
I crashed Higher Italian in S5 (did Higher French the same year which helped) and I found it fairly easy. I really enjoy languages and didn't struggle with French at any point - so if you are doing a language it might be an option to crash another one since they . are similar (especially if you do French/Spanish/Italian and can do another one of those options, they overlap a lot).

This year (S6) I'm taking Higher Biology (did Nat 5 in S4, never did anything science in S5) which I'm finding quite easy compared to my other subjects. If you have a good memory I would recommend it since it's mostly just remembering definitions and stuff. I'm also crashing Higher Classics which is a lot of work but my friends who have done other Higher essay subjects are finding it fine - so if that's your thing taking another essay subject could be good (i.e if you've done History then try Mods or something like that).

In terms of crashing in S5, I have a few friends who crashed Higher Philosophy and all got As. I also know people who crashed Higher PE and did well too.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by xhannahliv
I crashed Higher Italian in S5 (did Higher French the same year which helped) and I found it fairly easy. I really enjoy languages and didn't struggle with French at any point - so if you are doing a language it might be an option to crash another one since they . are similar (especially if you do French/Spanish/Italian and can do another one of those options, they overlap a lot).

This year (S6) I'm taking Higher Biology (did Nat 5 in S4, never did anything science in S5) which I'm finding quite easy compared to my other subjects. If you have a good memory I would recommend it since it's mostly just remembering definitions and stuff. I'm also crashing Higher Classics which is a lot of work but my friends who have done other Higher essay subjects are finding it fine - so if that's your thing taking another essay subject could be good (i.e if you've done History then try Mods or something like that).

In terms of crashing in S5, I have a few friends who crashed Higher Philosophy and all got As. I also know people who crashed Higher PE and did well too.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hey thank you, I am all set for Italian as I am fluent.

Quick Reply