The Student Room Group

Crashing Higher Modern Studies

GUYSS I WANNA DO LAW AND I WANNA KNOW IF UNI SEES MODERN STUDIES AS A VALUABLE HIGHER AND IF IT HIGHER YOUR POSSIBILITY OF ENTERING AND ALSO I HEARD ITS ONE OF THE EASIEST TO CRASH BCS I DONT LIKE HISTORY AND ID ONLY GET 1 B,
I need AAAAA by end of s5!!
CAN SOMEONE HELP OR IF THEY DONT CARE AS LONG AS YOU HAVE HIGHER ENGLISH WHICH CRASHED HUGHER IS THE EASIEST TO GET AN A ON?
I’m doing
Nat5 Math
Higher English
Higher Human Biology
Higher Art
Higher *Crashed Subject*
Advanced Higher Italian

In s5 btw I’m in s4 now
URGENT PLEASE REPLY THANK YOU
Hiya!
I'm in S6 and currently crashing higher modern studies. I'd say its quite easy to get an A in, there isn't much knowledge from national 5 required so most of the time I don't even notice that I'm crashing it. It's got some challenging aspects, but it's really interesting and I'm sure Uni's would see it as only a good thing if you're applying for law, It gives a really good base knowledge of the political system and inequality issues in Britain. I'm sure that would help a lot if you are going to study law.
Also, I did History in S5 and it's quite difficult. Modern studies is a lot easier in my opinion.
would it be risky? should i crash it in s6 for absolute chance of an A
or should i do history
Reply 3
Will Uni care if I done advanced higher in it or not??
I’ll crash higher modern studies in S6 then.
thank you so much
In my opinion, Scottish Universities aren't too fussed about advanced Highers. They are never an entry required nor do they really effect your chances of getting in. I think advanced Highers are mainly there for enjoyment or just to widen your knowledge of the subject.
I recommend just doing higher unless you really really enjoy the subject. Because advanced Highers are a lot of work and don't really impact your University application.

Original post by 180658955
Will Uni care if I done advanced higher in it or not??
I’ll crash higher modern studies in S6 then.
thank you so much
Would you be crashing history too?
If so I would 100% crash modern studies instead. It's a lot easier and you have a much higher chance of getting an A.

Original post by daliasmay
would it be risky? should i crash it in s6 for absolute chance of an A
or should i do history

Quick Reply

Latest