The Student Room Group

Copyright law

i remember reading somewhere that if i wish to copyright a document i can put it into an envelope, wax seal it and then send it by recored delivery

is this true?

if not, how can i cheaply or easily copyright a document? i am a CEO and major share holder of a small firm (tiny firm) and its registered, how can i copyright it through the company (i.e. how do i register the document as intellectual property of the firm)

i'd rather just keep it as copyrighted to me though, its just a small document of revision notes but theres certain people i know who will try and copy it which im just not gonna stand for =P

cheers in advanced
Reply 2
Er... 'to copyright' is not a verb as such. An original work is automatically copyrighted to its author. Posting a document to yourself simply proves (presuming the post mark comes out OK) the date that it was send and, as a result, the date it was composed.
Reply 3
L i b
Er... 'to copyright' is not a verb as such. An original work is automatically copyrighted to its author. Posting a document to yourself simply proves (presuming the post mark comes out OK) the date that it was send and, as a result, the date it was composed.

cool thats all i needed =] brilliant

Latest

Trending

Trending