Turn on thread page Beta

Should I see if feelings develop? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Got on the bus, sat in my usual spot, heard people behind me whispering my name, turned around and this guy's friends were trying to persuade me to sit next to him as he really likes me, I've known this for a while btw.
    He wasn't on the bus at that time.
    Reluctantly agreed to give it a go- don't want the people on the bus to hate me. So sat near them, waiting for him. He came on and saw me, sat next to me. So we talked. Everyone on the bus was secretly watching us, adding hints etc in and just making me feel really uncomfortable tbh.
    The problem starts in that I don't actually like him in that way, but I don't want to hurt his feelings nor be hated by everyone else. (Of course everyone else finds it hilarious xD)
    The radio was on, songs like 'Sex on fire' by Kings of Leon was playing, people kept butting in singing the lyrics as a hint, just really embarrassing tbh.

I don't know whether I should sit next to him tomorrow or not, whether I should say that I don't like him (knowing me I'll probably end up liking him if I say no now and so, regret it). Or just wait it out, we've only spoken once so I guess we can't gain much from that.

ReputationRep:
    You spoke to him once, do you fancy him? or do you not.

ReputationRep:
    No. But I might change my mind later.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that you are posting this indicates that you feel the feelings will never develop (otherwise why would you be asking if you thought that one day you would return the affection).

Sitting next to him, if he does fancy you, will just string him along and make him feel even more crushed.

My quick and easy answer for the day.

ReputationRep:
    Just go out with him, you never know whats going to happen. Life is too short to worry about things like this. If you dont like him, you would have lost nothing. However if you dont do anything, you may always think "what if"

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think you should wait to see what happens, you could end up liking him or on the other hand you could have a quite word with him to tell his mates to shut up and tell him it is starting to bug you all th people making hints. I think you should see how it goes you could end up liking him, if you don't then tell him or make a hint that you only think of him as a friend.

ReputationRep:
    id just talk and sit with him more, and see how ur feelingsd develop. the exact same thing happened to me with this guy, and i ended up liking him back :]

ReputationRep:
    I think maybe if you're going to talk to him, talk in a group or something - you don't want to make him feel you're deliberately singling him out to talk to because he might get the wrong idea.
    And I also think you should definately stay as friends if you don't know whether you'll end up liking him or not. Going out with him is unfair on both of you.
    And ask his friends not to go on about it - I know how annoying that can be, I used to get it a lot!! If they don't listen, be persistant about it.
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Decided today that I was leading him on and was uncomfortable with it so told him that I didn't think it would work. I couldn't do it face-face purely because people would be listening in and I didn't want to cause embarrassment on either side so told him via text.
    He seems to understand, obviously not happy about it but I feel even more cruel leading him on tbh, if I was to go out with him it wouldn't be because I liked him but more because I wanted a relationship with someone, and that's not fair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 20, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.