The Student Room Group

how to answer a 20 marker in economics when you aren't able link things

As a new student to economics ,am able to understand the topics, But when it comes to answering the question i cant think of anything , last time i had a question about two different things , i knew what was composite demand , but i coudnt think of it when i was in the exam hall. Its getting really hard now for me to answer the questions.
Original post by soumya_gadadasu
As a new student to economics ,am able to understand the topics, But when it comes to answering the question i cant think of anything , last time i had a question about two different things , i knew what was composite demand , but i coudnt think of it when i was in the exam hall. Its getting really hard now for me to answer the questions.

If your doing edexcel economics this would help you. So when you answer a 20 marker you have to think about 4 components. introduction, analysis, evaluation and conclusion. In edexcel the case study for the 20 marker is really small but you a required to link some.

In 2018, the United States Government cut the corporation tax rate (tax on company profits)
from 35% to 21%. Income tax rates for US citizens were also reduced: for example, the top
rate of income tax was cut from 39.6% to 37%.

Evaluate the likely impact of cutting tax rates as a policy to increase economic growth.

introduction
explain what is tax and economics growth.
Economic growth is increase in the level of output by nation. A tax is a mandatory payment or charge collected by local, state, and national governments from individuals or businesses to cover the costs of general government services, goods, and activities. IN THIS CASE THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT IS PLANNING TO CUT CORPORTAION TAX FROM 35 TO 21. also refer to monetary policy too.

analysis
There are many advantages of cutting tax:
1- the demand in the economy would start to rise. this would rise both consumer and producer surplus.
the way you link this would be the US government would benefit from this like they will be able to get more tax revenue.
2- when consumer spending start to rise the aggregate demand in the economy rises causing an economic growth
when income tax was reduced from 39.6% to 37% consumers would have more money to spend.

Hope this helped.

Quick Reply

Latest