The Student Room Group

Potential jobs with my six form subjects

I'm thinking about choosing chemistry, biology and business as my six-form subjects can anyone give me any potential Carrers (something science related to my two sciences i want to pick).
thanks to anyone who responds!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ujaval
I'm thinking about choosing chemistry, biology and business as my six-form subjects can anyone give me any potential Carrers (something science related to my two sciences i want to pick).

- Anything in medicine
- Nursing, physiotherapy, operating department practice, etc
- You might be able to get into biomedical engineering and chemical engineering but you'll need to see if you can do it without A Level Maths
- Physician Associate
- Pharmacist or going into pharmaceutical research (research might require further degrees afterwards so you'd need to look into that)
- Veterinary medicine (Veterinarian)
- Dentist, Dental hygienist, dental therapist
- Optometrist

These are the ones that come to mind for me. I'd look into doing A Level Economics rather than business, it's a bit more respected. Also, maybe have a look at A Level Maths as that could be useful.

Best of luck with your exams!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
(Original post by Iosifina05)- Anything in medicine
- Nursing, physiotherapy, operating department practice, etc
- You might be able to get into biomedical engineering and chemical engineering but you'll need to see if you can do it without A Level Maths
- Physician Associate
- Pharmacist or going into pharmaceutical research (research might require further degrees afterwards so you'd need to look into that)
- Veterinary medicine (Veterinarian)
- Dentist, Dental hygienist, dental therapist
- Optometrist

These are the ones that come to mind for me. I'd look into doing A Level Economics rather than business, it's a bit more respected. Also, maybe have a look at A Level Maths as that could be useful.

Best of luck with your exams!

thanks, so much i found this very helpful now I considering physiotherapist or being a dentist
Original post by Ujaval

Heya!
You can look up unicompare (courses) and prospects (career). Bio and chem open up many science courses for you, like medicine, pharmaceutical, etc!
If you are looking to do something with economics or business then you would need maths a-level, but science careers are open to you :h: If it helps, Study mind offers free bio and chem resources!

I ho-pe this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 4
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
You can look up unicompare (courses) and prospects (career). Bio and chem open up many science courses for you, like medicine, pharmaceutical, etc!
If you are looking to do something with economics or business then you would need maths a-level, but science careers are open to you :h: If it helps, Study mind offers free bio and chem resources!

I ho-pe this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

thanks soo much
Original post by Ujaval

This is a good source to explore the Allied Health Professional roles:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/explore-roles/allied-health-professionals/roles-allied-health-professions/roles-allied-health-professions

Quick Reply

Latest