I'm Surrounded By Boring People :-( Watch

limbo_no_more
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey, i'm really worried at the minute that i'm going to spend the next 2 1/2 years at Uni bored out of my mind.

Basically, all the people i've met are really boring. For example, my flatmates go to bed at 10pm every night and on the rare occasion that we go for a night out, we end up going out at 10pm but I can guarentee we'll be back home by 11.30.

Don't get me wrong, they're really nice people, but I was hoping for some more excitment at Uni. I see other people going out and having fun and I just want to be part of that.

Is it too late to make new friends?
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
All of them are like that? Seriously? How odd.

There must be people in neighbouring flats or something that go out late etc? Can't you befriend them? Or coursemates, ask them out for some drinks?
JustJoy
Report 10 years ago
Its never to late to make friends! Try getting them to be more adventurous, like when they are in the room try playing some drinking games or something and then build up from there! Or you could drag them out, thats what I do with my friends when they are being boring! :P
limbo_no_more
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks.

There is only three flats on our floor, one is ours, the other is a couple and the third is a 50 year old man. We don't speak to each other. I just feel like everyone has already made their friendship groups and i'm going to end up with these bores for the next year (at least). Sorry if i'm sounding really harsh on them but it is really annoying when I want to go out and have fun and they don't.
Jormungandr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just because they don't want to do the same things you do does not make them boring.

You thinking that it does, however, makes you an ass.
shorty.loves.angels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry, friendship groups often change. You can't expect the people you get put with to be perfect and exactly the way you want them. Why don't you get talking to people who you've met before while you're out ( for that hour and a half ) and see if you can tag along with them and maybe meet them again. Try and find a way to enjoy yourself more
Y__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go out with people you meet on your course, your sports teams, your societies then?

It never fails to amaze me how some of you un-boring, fun-loving and uber-social people are seemingly either too lazy or too insecure to actively find new opportunities.
**Hali**
Report 10 years ago
Its never to late to make friends, I felt a bit like you in my first year where the start was a bit of an anti-climax from everything I'd heard about how fun uni is. I found that I made really good friends when I least expected it after my initial disappointment. Just give it time & I'm sure you'll meet ppl on the same wavelength as you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (207)
18.48%
No (681)
60.8%
Not really bothered about them (232)
20.71%

Watched Threads