The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Reviews on Uni of Bath

Helooo~
Looking for reviews on student life from current students in Bath uni.
Pls let me know about everything- the good, the bad, etc.

Thank you :h:
Hi!!

I’m on my third year of studies as a placement student from uni of Bath!
Tbh it really depends on the course u want to take.
I’m studying civil and architectural engineering (now they changed it to structural and architectural engineering :/) and all the lecturers and the whole program is AWESOME! Not only bc of the professors, but also the fact that u can learn a lot as the base of course is for structure. Bath is usually known for its engineering courses specifically civil and mechanical but u gotta be aware that they are extremely hard.
Oh and don’t forget that bath does have a high rate for getting job after graduation! ( i guess we became first or second last year for it!)

There are not really bad stuff as far as I’ve been in. The only problem (which is more like a fact than a problem) is that the uni is mostly British or European based so u will see less international students. In my class only 5% are international which is almost 7 people in total.
The other thing is the accommodation. The accommodation is pretty expensive compare to other unis but Bath is expensive in total as the rents and bus prices are close to london! U can take the ones in the city if they have them available but u need to pay for bus and they increase the bus pass each year -_-
Lastly, they don’t offer second year of campus accommodation (most of unis don’t but I’ve been in Surrey for 2 years and they did and even my friends are at 4th year and still in camps acc) so u gotta find home with your friends quickly as they go so fast!

Hope these helped u!!! In total I personally love the uni but do check on the course that u want!
(edited 1 year ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by Yasamin79
Hi!!

I’m on my third year of studies as a placement student from uni of Bath!
Tbh it really depends on the course u want to take.
I’m studying civil and architectural engineering (now they changed it to structural and architectural engineering :/) and all the lecturers and the whole program is AWESOME! Not only bc of the professors, but also the fact that u can learn a lot as the base of course is for structure. Bath is usually known for its engineering courses specifically civil and mechanical but u gotta be aware that they are extremely hard.
Oh and don’t forget that bath does have a high rate for getting job after graduation! ( i guess we became first or second last year for it!)

There are not really bad stuff as far as I’ve been in. The only problem (which is more like a fact than a problem) is that the uni is mostly British or European based so u will see less international students. In my class only 5% are international which is almost 7 people in total.
The other thing is the accommodation. The accommodation is pretty expensive compare to other unis but Bath is expensive in total as the rents and bus prices are close to london! U can take the ones in the city if they have them available but u need to pay for bus and they increase the bus pass each year -_-
Lastly, they don’t offer second year of campus accommodation (most of unis don’t but I’ve been in Surrey for 2 years and they did and even my friends are at 4th year and still in camps acc) so u gotta find home with your friends quickly as they go so fast!

Hope these helped u!!! In total I personally love the uni but do check on the course that u want!

Hiii thank u sooo much for the review!
What are the graduate prospects? like...how hard or easy is it to get a job with the Bath tag?

Also how much is the living cost off campus? If i go to bath, I'd be applying for the quads actually
Original post by tobeeoh
Hiii thank u sooo much for the review!
What are the graduate prospects? like...how hard or easy is it to get a job with the Bath tag?

Also how much is the living cost off campus? If i go to bath, I'd be applying for the quads actually

It is pretty good as based on stats 92% of bath grads get a job as soon as they graduate. But gotta say placement does have a lot of effect as most of students get the offer from the company they worked for during placement year. Me and my friends spend a little bit of time (it took 4 months for me to get placement) as it was really competitive but they will consider u most if the time.

As for the living costs, I don’t remember the cost of quads exactly and pretty sure they increased it. The meals in uni are not bad with cost of between 4-7 quid and u will have a small co-op shop to do the shopping but will probably need to pay a little bit more for delivery as uni is up the hill and the town is down the hill. The groceries and stuff is not really expensive. The bus as I mentioned before is pretty expensive and the delivery fees.

Hope these was helpful! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Yasamin79
It is pretty good as based on stats 92% of bath grads get a job as soon as they graduate. But gotta say placement does have a lot of effect as most of students get the offer from the company they worked for during placement year. Me and my friends spend a little bit of time (it took 4 months for me to get placement) as it was really competitive but they will consider u most if the time.

As for the living costs, I don’t remember the cost of quads exactly and pretty sure they increased it. The meals in uni are not bad with cost of between 4-7 quid and u will have a small co-op shop to do the shopping but will probably need to pay a little bit more for delivery as uni is up the hill and the town is down the hill. The groceries and stuff is not really expensive. The bus as I mentioned before is pretty expensive and the delivery fees.

Hope these was helpful! :smile:

thaaankk youuu! it was definitely very helpful:h:
Reply 6

dem this is so cool! thanks! all i ever heard from people is that bath doesnt have a good nightlife

Quick Reply

Latest