The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Penryn Campus

Hi, I received an offer from Exeter and super psyched, but I'm a little worried because the course is away from the main campus and in Penryn/Cornwall, does anyone know the environment there and accomodation?
Hiya,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer from Exeter!

Which course have you applied for? and is there anything specific you are worried about?

Although I am personally based at Streatham campus in Exeter, I do know people who are studying in Penryn.

Cornwall is a beautiful county, and if you like nature and beaches, there's honestly nowhere better!

There are no particularly big cities, but the student presence in and around Falmouth (right next door to Penryn) has transformed the town and resulted in a variety of night life and other extra-curricular activities. The presence of an arts university (Falmouth University) adds to the artistic character of the town, and the major beach (Gyllngvase beach) is extremely popular with students. Due to there being two universities nearby, Penryn / Falmouth is a very student filled area, which adds to the atmosphere, and there are often collaborations between the two universities. In addition, student societies promote activities which could not be done in major cities (e.g. surfing, kayaking, sea swimming, coast walking etc).

Penryn university has the Glasney Student Village (shared between both Falmouth and Exeter university), which can accommodate over 1800 students, where you share a flat with six to nine others, and have your own en-suite. These are normally self catered, but catered options are also available. There is also the Sidings, which has accommodation for 233, and has flats ranging from four to seven, all with en-suites. I recommend checking out the university accommodation page for more information: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/cornwallcampuses/residences/

I hope this has helped, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask :smile:

Erica
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest