The Student Room Group

biology paper 1 aqa

can anyone provide all equations (higher) needed in biology paper 1?
Original post by chrisotrper
can anyone provide all equations (higher) needed in biology paper 1?

I can provide you with a list of some of the equations and formulas that may be covered in an AQA biology paper 1 at higher level, but keep in mind that this list may not be exhaustive and you should refer to your teacher, textbook, and exam board's specification for a complete and up-to-date list of the formulas and equations you need to know for your particular exam.

The equation for photosynthesis: 6CO2 + 6H2O + light energy C6H12O6 + 6O2
The equation for respiration: C6H12O6 + 6O2 6CO2 + 6H2O + energy
The equation for the conversion of light energy to chemical energy in photosynthesis: light energy chemical energy (ATP and NADPH)
The equation for the conversion of chemical energy to mechanical energy in muscle contraction: chemical energy (ATP) mechanical energy
The equation for the transfer of electrons: 2H+ + 2e- H2
The equation for the movement of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrane: osmosis = (solute potential) / pressure potential
The equation for the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of an object: Q = mcΔT
The equation for the conversion of kinetic energy to potential energy: mgh = kinetic energy
The equation for the conservation of mass: mass of reactants = mass of products

Additionally, it's important to know some mathematical formulas and concepts like calculating rate of reaction, concentrations, calculating velocity, distance, displacement, displacement in enzyme kinetics, pH calculations, calculating mean, mode and median and standard deviation.

I recommend you to refer to the AQA specifications and consult your teacher or textbook for the specific equations required for your exam. And don't forget practice solving problems and answering questions using the equations you need to know, so that you will be better prepared for the exam.
Original post by curious_bilawi
i can provide you with a list of some of the equations and formulas that may be covered in an aqa biology paper 1 at higher level, but keep in mind that this list may not be exhaustive and you should refer to your teacher, textbook, and exam board's specification for a complete and up-to-date list of the formulas and equations you need to know for your particular exam.

The equation for photosynthesis: 6co2 + 6h2o + light energy c6h12o6 + 6o2
the equation for respiration: C6h12o6 + 6o2 6co2 + 6h2o + energy
the equation for the conversion of light energy to chemical energy in photosynthesis: Light energy chemical energy (atp and nadph)
the equation for the conversion of chemical energy to mechanical energy in muscle contraction: Chemical energy (atp) mechanical energy
the equation for the transfer of electrons: 2h+ + 2e- h2
the equation for the movement of water molecules through a selectively permeable membrane: Osmosis = (solute potential) / pressure potential
the equation for the amount of energy needed to raise the temperature of an object: Q = mcδt
the equation for the conversion of kinetic energy to potential energy: Mgh = kinetic energy
the equation for the conservation of mass: Mass of reactants = mass of products

additionally, it's important to know some mathematical formulas and concepts like calculating rate of reaction, concentrations, calculating velocity, distance, displacement, displacement in enzyme kinetics, ph calculations, calculating mean, mode and median and standard deviation.

I recommend you to refer to the aqa specifications and consult your teacher or textbook for the specific equations required for your exam. And don't forget practice solving problems and answering questions using the equations you need to know, so that you will be better prepared for the exam.

thankyou
Original post by chrisotrper
thankyou

No problem, glad I was of help

Quick Reply

Latest