The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what about if your with your partner for a long time and stop using condoms. However your partner is sleeping around without you knowing, and (s)he catches something and passes it on to you. Thats their fault is it?
I, loosely speaking, agree with the OP.
Reply 3
KJ21
what about if your with your partner for a long time and stop using condoms. However your partner is sleeping around without you knowing, and (s)he catches something and passes it on to you. Thats their fault is it?

Yeh, why would you stop using them unless you wanted a baby.
Reply 4
KJ21

I agree. Should we be blamed for trusting loved ones?
Reply 5
The OP is correct (in 99% percent of cases).
Providing that partners are faithful, and honest about their sexual histories, I agree with the OP's sentiments.
Reply 7
Do you think the OP has ever had sex? Or ever had a relationship for that matter?
Reply 8
becky.fm
Do you think the OP has ever had sex? Or ever had a relationship for that matter?

Once... never doing that again though.
Ok, then all the smokers and obese people should pay for their own treatment too :yep: Hell, why doesn't everyone just pay for their own cures? :biggrin: (I am being completely sarcastic just in case people can't tell).
Reply 10
What about if a condom breaks and you didn't know your partner was HIV positive, and you later test positive for HIV? Happened to a lady who came to speak to my year about STDs.
Reply 11
inksplodge
Ok, then all the smokers and obese people should pay for their own treatment too :yep: Hell, why doesn't everyone just pay for their own cures? :biggrin: (I am being completely sarcastic just in case people can't tell).

Yes as a matter a fact I do think that the smokers and fat people should. The difference between that and something like Motor Neurone Disease say, is that the sufferer didn't have a choice in the matter.
i pose you are correct - but it is a completely flawed thought process

should people who do sports
people who are obese
smoke
slip/fall over
do adventurous sports ..................................................

i think you could almost proved that almost all injuries/illnesses could be blamed on the patient. Some very easy to like lung cancer/breaking you leg in football - whereas catching an STI off a long term partner - not really
poossum
Yes as a matter a fact I do think that the smokers and fat people should. The difference between that and something like Motor Neurone Disease say, is that the sufferer didn't have a choice in the matter.

It's not always the fault of the person when they get a STD, you know. :rolleyes:
v good point no.6.
the OP surely can't believe that if a condom breaks and you catch an std/sti/wotef the pc word is nowadays it is your fault. because it can't be. you were trying to do the responsible thing being the unlucky ) 0.00woteva% isn;t your fault.

this really is a stupid thread.
Reply 15
I spy with my little eye something beginning with "N"!
poossum

and according to your frankly bizarre theory what happens to someone who develops an illness which can be hereditary? is it their parents faults? should their parents pay for their treatment?
and what about parents who are told their foetus has a serious health problem, should they have to pay the healthcare costs because they had the option to abort the pregnancy?
Oh dear this was a waste of time, Next!
Reply 18
h82think
I spy with my little eye something beginning with "N"!

Racist
Reply 19
poossum
Personally, apart from the exception of rape, it's people's own fault, and should be treated as such. They should pay for their own treatment cure.

Personally? :rofl: