The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Star*Guitar*
Then maybe you should keep yours to yourself; since a few A-levels say nothing about mine.

I haven't mentioned my academic background at all. And I hate to remind you, but I think 'a few A levels' are yours. And a degree from MMU, for what it's worth.
Reply 141
you, OP, are too narrow minded

live a little, and clear up your definitions of HIV and STI's then come back and tell us it's our fault if something happens to us
good day :top2:
serrellen
I haven't mentioned my academic background at all. And I hate to remind you, but I think 'a few A levels' are yours. And a degree from MMU, for what it's worth.

Not taking into account the surrounding circumstances, or my performance on the degree, yes of course you're making an informed judgment! :rolleyes:
Reply 143
*Star*Guitar*
I'm not even going to start going on about external marking and the like. If you really think my Uni choice will have such a detrimental effect that I can't even voice a valid opinion, then you are very much mistaken.

Was it really a choice, or was it that no-one good would take you?
*Star*Guitar*
Not taking into account the surrounding circumstances, or my performance on the degree, yes of course you're making an informed judgment! :rolleyes:

Just a little preview as to the reaction of employers, that's all.
Reply 145
poossum
Was it really a choice, or was it that no-one good would take you?

wow. i didn't know people sunk so low. . .

you're criticising someone's uni choice and intelligence. . . in THIS thread? of all threads? YOU are criticising THEM?

wow.
serrellen
Just a little preview as to the reaction of employers, that's all.

Of course it is. Even though I have talked with many trainees and the grad recruits of law firms I am considering. :rolleyes:

Come back when you actually have something based on facts.
Reply 147
emilina
you, OP, are too narrow minded

live a little, and clear up your definitions of HIV and STI's then come back and tell us it's our fault if something happens to us
good day :top2:

Live a Little? and i explained my HIV and STI definitions a few post pages back.
emilina
wow. i didn't know people sunk so low. . .

you're criticising someone's uni choice and intelligence. . . in THIS thread? of all threads? YOU are criticising THEM?

wow.

MMU v Cambridge/St Andrews/Warwick/Manchester at the very least.

Hmm.
serrellen

Hmm.

You and I both know the OP's choices of unis as well as your own. I think its safe to say that his argument has been shot down enough, and that he has come back with nothing on the points raised to him.

So where's this intelligence I'm supposed to be seeing?
Reply 150
poossum
Live a Little? and i explained my HIV and STI definitions a few post pages back.

yes. that's what i said

i know. i read them. they were a bit ***** tbh. just because you haven't had sex in order to catch something, doesn't mean it isn't still classed as an STI.
*Star*Guitar*
Of course it is. Even though I have talked with many trainees and the grad recruits of law firms I am considering. :rolleyes:

Come back when you actually have something based on facts.

MMU is ranked 92nd in the Times University Guides. That's based on facts.
Reply 152
serrellen

Hmm.

all of that means absolutely nothing to me so i have no idea why you quoted me to say that.
*Star*Guitar*
You and I both know the OP's choices of unis as well as your own. I think its safe to say that his argument has been shot down enough, and that he has come back with nothing on the points raised to him.

So where's this intelligence I'm supposed to be seeing?

In his grades. You can hardly base someone's intelligence on their opinion, which is absolutely subjective.
Reply 154
emilina
yes. that's what i said

i know. i read them. they were a bit ***** tbh. just because you haven't had sex in order to catch something, doesn't mean it isn't still classed as an STI.

Right well that is irrelevant, of course I don't think it is the baby's own fault.
Now could you actually explain the live a little?
emilina
all of that means absolutely nothing to me so i have no idea why you quoted me to say that.

Manchester Metropolitan University is objectively an awful higher education institution from an academic perspective. Given how poor a measure of base intelligence A-levels are that doesn't really speak to that quality in people going there, but it's still not something I'd want to advertise.
Reply 156
emilina
yes. that's what i said

In his perfect society they would treat people who didn't get the STDs through sex. It's like the Brass Eye episode with 'Good AIDS' and 'Bad AIDS'.
serrellen
MMU is ranked 92nd in the Times University Guides. That's based on facts.

Do you actually know how much that has a bearing on becoming a solicitor? Do you think I'd be reading a law degree at MMU if I wasn't going to become a lawyer from it? Do you think MMU would still be running the course if so few got a job from it?
Do you think I would have been accepted onto placements and part-time work at a firm if the University had such importance as you think?

No.

Again, do your research and then come back to me with even the slightest tangible point.
Reply 158
serrellen
In his grades. You can hardly base someone's intelligence on their opinion, which is absolutely subjective.

Yes you can. The OP has gaytarded opinions.
*Star*Guitar*
Do you actually know how much that has a bearing on becoming a solicitor? Do you think I'd be reading a law degree at MMU if I wasn't going to become a lawyer from it? Do you think MMU would still be running the course if so few got a job from it?
Do you think I would have been accepted onto placements and part-time work at a firm if the University had such importance as you think?

No.

Again, do your research and then come back to me with even the slightest tangible point.

No need for the rant. I am of course contrite for suggesting that, say, you might have done even slightly better had you gone to one of the 91 better UK institutions.

Latest