The Student Room Group

GCSE mocks

hi!
i’m doing my english lit mock this week alongside others, does anyone have any tips to share about revising for english lit/lang? anything will be appreciated!
thanks!
make sure you have at least a couple quotes for each character in both your chosen shakespeare as well as your modern works (my school did romeo and juliet and an inspector calls and a christmas carol) on top of that make sure you have a good understanding of the themes and morals associated with each story. with the poems, if you're doing power and conflict i'd pick ozymandias as your poem to memorise as it covers a lot of the main themes which makes it easy to compare against to the unknown poem (also it was used fairly recently so won't be the seen poem -probably!), although any poem would work just make sure you know it's themes well and how to compare it to other works. tbh in the known poem comparison to the unknown you can mostly talk about the poem in front of you and sprinkle in some small comparisons to your other one, just make sure you do make a comparison or you'll get stuck in a lower mark band. with all exams i would recommend taking some time at the beginning of the exam to not only read the sources you've been given but analyse the **** out of them. also work backwards through the papers, then you're focusing on the larger mark questions when you have time and you won't panic as much as the timer is going down. with the creative writing question, pick a story you're good at and just twist it to fit the prompt, normally they're very general so you can kinda just brute force it! that's how i consistently got 7,8,9s at gcse!
Reply 2
Hi, I did my English lit mock today and my Lang yesterday, I did Macbeth for my lang if you need help with that?
Original post by Rubclem
Hi, I did my English lit mock today and my Lang yesterday, I did Macbeth for my lang if you need help with that?

for power and conflict what was the question
Reply 4
Original post by kadija.png
for power and conflict what was the question

Oh I didn’t do poems in my mocks, I did a Macbeth question for my English lit and for English lang we did paper 2 comparing 2 texts
Original post by Rubclem
Oh I didn’t do poems in my mocks, I did a Macbeth question for my English lit and for English lang we did paper 2 comparing 2 texts

oh thank you also do you do histroy?

Quick Reply

Latest