The Student Room Group

What's the easiest A-level subjects to do in under 4 months of learning & revision.

As the title suggests. What's the easiest A-level subjects to do in under 4 months of learning - revision and manage to get an A.
Im currently doing Bio,Chem and Maths. Im sure I can get A's in Bio and Chem but Im not able to get A in Maths. I can try but B is the best case scenario imo.
Just give me your suggestions.
Original post by ProcrastinatorMo
As the title suggests. What's the easiest A-level subjects to do in under 4 months of learning - revision and manage to get an A.
Im currently doing Bio,Chem and Maths. Im sure I can get A's in Bio and Chem but Im not able to get A in Maths. I can try but B is the best case scenario imo.

To me there are no absolute 'easiest' A-level subjects.

Is there a reason you're compacting A-level into 4 months?

And for Math, make sure you have a good foundation, then spam past paper questions. You need to charge full speed ahead if you're gonna make it. Trust me, you'll be happy you did it.
is there any particular reason you're looking into another subject? or needing three As? tbh i would really knuckle down with the maths rather than attempt a brand new subject in four months. however if you're really desperate, if english isn't your first language or you speak another language fluently pursue an a-level in that. multiple people in my year did that with spanish.
Original post by justlearning1469

And for Math, make sure you have a good foundation, then spam past paper questions. You need to charge full speed ahead if you're gonna make it. Trust me, you'll be happy you did it.

i second this! at the beginning of year 13 my maths teacher predicted me at a low D if that and by august i had achieved a very comfortable B. past paper questions are your best friend and spend all your frees with your maths teacher if they'll have you, so then if you have any problems you can ask them and it can get explained quickly!
Original post by justlearning1469

I need 3A's to get into Uni abroad and I don't think I can get an A in Maths. Bio and Chem are within my grasp but Maths seems lightyears away.
Original post by theblondemo
is there any particular reason you're looking into another subject? or needing three As? tbh i would really knuckle down with the maths rather than attempt a brand new subject in four months. however if you're really desperate, if english isn't your first language or you speak another language fluently pursue an a-level in that. multiple people in my year did that with spanish.

Yeah Ive thought about it. I speak 3 different language bar english but non of them to the degree I speak english at. Such a strange conundrum. Might opt for a humanities subjects.
Original post by theblondemo
i second this! at the beginning of year 13 my maths teacher predicted me at a low D if that and by august i had achieved a very comfortable B. past paper questions are your best friend and spend all your frees with your maths teacher if they'll have you, so then if you have any problems you can ask them and it can get explained quickly!

That's very true, the math teachers often do know what they're doing.

And for maths... you need to practice hard. And have a solid foundation. Otherwise you won't make it.

I need 3A's to get into Uni abroad and I don't think I can get an A in Maths. Bio and Chem are within my grasp but Maths seems lightyears away.

Which uni, for curiosity sakes?

And for Maths, as I said, fill in the gaps of your knowledge and then spam past paper questions. If you run out, use MadAsMaths or other exam boards. Keep doing this until you can obtain at least an A, preferably A*.
Yeah Ive thought about it. I speak 3 different language bar english but non of them to the degree I speak english at. Such a strange conundrum. Might opt for a humanities subjects.

Well maths is a flexible A-level subject.

And also you only have 4 months for god sakes. It's much better to stick with maths until the exams at least.

Heya!
Unfortunately, there is no 'easy' a-level and 4 months is not enough time to cover everything. You could take a gap year to do another a-level but it would be better if you focus on improving your maths grade rather than trying to do another a-level. I would really recommend doing tons of questions by topic until you 'master' them :h: I managed to go from B to A* in a matter of 2 months by spending time doing questions by topic until I was able to get full scores for each one. If you encounter a question you don't know how to solve, try to do it anyway and then look at WHY you lost the marks using a mark scheme or have a teacher go through it. If it helps, P&M offers free maths questions. There is also an article (linked) you can have a look at.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest