Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls get take so long to get ready? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it, she spends an hour doing her hair, and then takes another 3 hours to get ready. To top it all of she goes to some of Manchester's most down market indie clubs!

I don't give a toss myself, just have a bath, have a shave, clean my teath, wash my hair, stick some jeans on, stick a Joy Division t-shirt on and I am ready.

ReputationRep:
    girls are uglier so they need more time. and i am serious. for example in the morning, boys looks so much better than girls do. maybe i only think this cause i'm a girl but boys look so much better. and they don't have as much things to do either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platinumki)
    Eric - you are 14 or something - behave!!!
    i cant i have been bored all day so need to make a thread interesting. Besides, i want AT rep

ReputationRep:
    im known as the throw on and go girl...i own no make up.....well thts a lie i have mary kate and ashley lip gloss my friend bought me, but thts it.
    i usually throw on a pair of jeans, clip my hair back, put on my shoes and im out the door....

most girls take forever because they care about how they look. i look worse when i attemp to look good.....never was a girly girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    If it's a really special night out you want to enjoy it from the beginning so you would like a nice bath, pluck your eyebrows, shave your legs & fake tan, face pack, pore strips, blow dry your hair, straighten your hair, decide what to wear, get dressed, put your make up on, decide on accessories.. all this takes time!

If it's just a normal night out a quick slick of mascara and a hand through your hair will usually suffice!
    Thats the thing she does this 3 or 4 nights a week and I am always under strict instructions that I am not allowed in the same club as her. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    so you love banging balls into the holes?
    rofl ...watch where your going with that...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Thats the thing she does this 3 or 4 nights a week and I am always under strict instructions that I am not allowed in the same club as her. :confused:
    Well maybe she just enjoys is? Has nothing better to do?
    She's probably snogging lots of men and doesn't want to do it in front of her big brother!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    girls are uglier so they need more time. and i am serious. for example in the morning, boys looks so much better than girls do. maybe i only think this cause i'm a girl but boys look so much better. and they don't have as much things to do either.
    WTF! Trust me - I look beautiful in the mornings lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M-J)
    im known as the throw on and go girl...i own no make up.....well thts a lie i have mary kate and ashley lip gloss my friend bought me, but thts it.
    i usually throw on a pair of jeans, clip my hair back, put on my shoes and im out the door....

most girls take forever because they care about how they look. i look worse when i attemp to look good.....never was a girly girl
    Quite ironic you have a name of some make up in your signiture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOrTcAkE)
    rofl ...watch where your going with that...!
    its like the circle of life!

you grab a long stick! Knock any other balls away and then get the hole for yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe she just enjoys is? Has nothing better to do?
    She's probably snogging lots of men and doesn't want to do it in front of her big brother!
    Thats exactly what worries me! That just seems to odd, I remember clearly the day she was born.

ReputationRep:
    im a girl, and 4 me it depends on what time of day it is!

like if its the morning i can get ready in 10-15 minutes because i've learnt how to adapt myself around my laziness!

but, if its the evening, then i take around half an hour to 50 minutes coz i do try to look my best, but i just dont care, so im usually ready b4 the rest.

so in terms of being a girl- i dont take that long

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly what worries me! That just seems to odd, I remember clearly the day she was born.
    It's not so much the age, but the fact that ANYTHING like that in relation to your siblings is rather gross.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps she leads a double life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    its like the circle of life!

you grab a long stick! Knock any other balls away and then get the hole for yourself!
    ROFLMAO!! hehe beHAVE!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    If anybody can come with a thought out and logical answer, or just somthing that makes me laugh you can have some rep as I hate leaving it spare.

I take about on hour maximum when going out, my sister on the other hand takes four hours. I really do not understand it. Why do girls do this? Also why do girls often skip the pub and go straight to a club? To me the pubs are best bit.
    well if you're going all out, there's lots to do! you spend time on varying amounts of hair removal, some of which is quite intricate (eg eyebrows much harder to sort out then legs). then there's decorating the hair you have left (washing, conditioning, drying, straightening, setting, putting up etc...). bodywork: exfoliate and mosturise. then face - cleanse carefully and moisturise, just so you can go and plug up all your nice fresh pores with lots of make-up. then there's chosing clothes, getting dressed (which can be fiddly), picking different accessories and choosing the best ones, and finding the right pair of shoes (and handbag). then you have to fix the make up that's smudged, get all the bits and bobs that you'll need to tkae out (purse, phone, keys etc...).

it is tiring work. ironically, lots of people do it to achieve the 'natural look' :rolleyes:

(nb - this whole routine is absurdly long and you'd only go through all of it on a reeeally special night out. for other times pick and chose according to time available - eg 10 mins before a lecture, getting dressed picking up pen and paper and running is a much more practical approach!)

also, this is no reflection on me personally - just a general explanation for the male-types of how it is actually possible to spend so long getting ready!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Yeah but that's what I meant prove it :P
    ah...that old trick, my beauty will only be revealed to those who are patient and worthy of admiring such beautiful creation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Repentance)
    ah...that old trick, my beauty will only be revealed to those who are patient and worthy of admiring such beautiful creation.
    That sounds like heaven.
    Worshipping something you expect which really doesn't exist (according to my beliefs atleast). Do you name yourself the holy grail aye? :adore:

ReputationRep:
    It's not so much the age, but the fact that ANYTHING like that in relation to your siblings is rather gross.
    True I suppose if I was in a happier mood and not being 100% innocent I wouldn't want my sister there! She likes to pretend she is an angel though.

ReputationRep:
    Quite ironic you have a name of some make up in your signiture
    i know although tht refferre back to like p7 or something....though i just owned the mascara couldnt actually put it anywhere near my eyelashes lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.