Why do girls get take so long to get ready? Watch

This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by grey faerie)
well if you're going all out, there's lots to do! you spend time on varying amounts of hair removal, some of which is quite intricate (eg eyebrows much harder to sort out then legs). then there's decorating the hair you have left (washing, conditioning, drying, straightening, setting, putting up etc...). bodywork: exfoliate and mosturise. then face - cleanse carefully and moisturise, just so you can go and plug up all your nice fresh pores with lots of make-up. then there's chosing clothes, getting dressed (which can be fiddly), picking different accessories and choosing the best ones, and finding the right pair of shoes (and handbag). then you have to fix the make up that's smudged, get all the bits and bobs that you'll need to tkae out (purse, phone, keys etc...).

it is tiring work.

(nb - this whole routine is absurdly long and you'd only go through all of it on a reeeally special night out. for other times pick and chose according to time available - eg 10 mins before a lecture, getting dressed picking up pen and paper and running is a much more practical approach!)

You get the rep, the others all have 2000+ so it won't make a difference but I liked your well thought out reply so hopefully you will have another gem. You sound exactly like what my sister does.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
You get the rep, the others all have 2000+ so it won't make a difference but I liked your well thought out reply so hopefully you will have another gem. You sound exactly like what my sister does.
:eek: *is jealous*

*leaves thread* :hmpf:
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If anybody can come with a thought out and logical answer, or just somthing that makes me laugh you can have some rep as I hate leaving it spare.

I take about on hour maximum when going out, my sister on the other hand takes four hours. I really do not understand it. Why do girls do this? Also why do girls often skip the pub and go straight to a club? To me the pubs are best bit.
i dunno why they take so long we must mean a lot to them and they wanna be their best
ive noticed it also takes them a long time to 'feel their best' during sex
seriously girls are just slow mate
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
WOA!
for hours?!?!?
no way? ...is there? really?

it takes me like 5 mins. get my socks on, brush-up my hair, and i'm out! IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE!

what if you're late? for hours? omg!
what's the point in going if it takes all your time getting ready?! omg!

OMG!!!

what is up with some people?!?!?! OMG!

etc...
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by heminder)
WOA!
for hours?!?!?
no way? ...is there? really?

it takes me like 5 mins. get my socks on, brush-up my hair, and i'm out! IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE!

what if you're late? for hours? omg!
what's the point in going if it takes all your time getting ready?! omg!

OMG!!!

what is up with some people?!?!?! OMG!

etc...
Lol, I think she probably spends have of her four ours texting her freinds about what to wear!
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You get the rep, the others all have 2000+ so it won't make a difference but I liked your well thought out reply so hopefully you will have another gem.
yay what useful procrastination that was!

edit: oooh two gems! how pretty!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It never takes me 4 hours! The other day I walked in from a lecture at 6.20pm, thinking we weren't going out til 8.30pm so I had plenty of time to eat and get ready - instead I got told we were getting the 6.55pm bus so I had half an hour to get ready, I managed it in 25minutes and we ended up missing the bus anyway cos my housemates who'd been in all afternoon couldn't decide which shoes to wear :rolleyes:
heminder
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Lol, I think she probably spends have of her four ours texting her freinds about what to wear!
aye.

but it's not that hard to decide...
...or is it?
Repentance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ponjavic)
That sounds like heaven.
Worshipping something you expect which really doesn't exist (according to my beliefs atleast). Do you name yourself the holy grail aye? :adore:
oh and you think I am a mere hallucination simply because I didn’t fall for your trick? Do you truly not believe one can possess such beauty in this life? Have you not encountered butterflies...so beautiful yet they shy away at the touch of humans...does their existences have to be eliminated because they are too beautiful?
galadriel100
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I only take 10-20 minutes to get ready to go somewhere. I hate it how some people take an hour to get ready. It shouldn't take an hour to get dressed and have a shower!
I think it takes certain people so long to get ready because they care what other people think too much. They have to choose the right clothes to wear, the right way to have their hair. When I go somewhere, it's like , hair: down, clothes: the ones I wore yesterday.
KandyKane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If anybody can come with a thought out and logical answer, or just somthing that makes me laugh you can have some rep as I hate leaving it spare.

I take about on hour maximum when going out, my sister on the other hand takes four hours. I really do not understand it. Why do girls do this? Also why do girls often skip the pub and go straight to a club? To me the pubs are best bit.
Personally, I take about an hour when going out. But I know most girls take a lot longer. I guess some of the time is spent sipping wine alongside changing clothes and doing all the make-up. Making up and getting ready is half of the fun!
heminder
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey, those of you that do take 4 hours...

i wanna know what you do...
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

You take AN HOUR ?

What do you do ?

I go out and come back and go out again in an hour...

Aitch
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aitch)
You take AN HOUR ?

What do you do ?

I go out and come back and go out again in an hour...

Aitch
I have a bath ,wash my hair, clean my teeth, put my best jeans and t-shirt on, clean my face, organise my money, NUS card (vital!!), in takes 10 minutes to run the water in the bath for a start.
Natalie Lane
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have a bath ,wash my hair, clean my teeth, put my best jeans and t-shirt on, clean my face, organise my money, NUS card (vital!!), in takes 10 minutes to run the water in the bath for a start.
Right... I'm a girl and can do that in less time (bearing in mind I take at least 20 to 30 min showers...)

Probably something wrong with me since most girls in this thread seem to take ages getting ready...
ponjavic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Repentance)
oh and you think I am a mere hallucination simply because I didn’t fall for your trick? Do you truly not believe one can possess such beauty in this life? Have you not encountered butterflies...so beautiful yet they shy away at the touch of humans...does their existences have to be eliminated because they are too beautiful?
:hello: I won't take this any further as I am limited by my vocabulary.
Repentance
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Natalie Lane)
Right... I'm a girl and can do that in less time (bearing in mind I take at least 20 to 30 min showers...)

I agree with you…if you look ugly after an hour of getting ready, 3 more hours is NOT going to make the difference…however, aren’t we all beautiful in the eyes of our creator?
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Repentance)
:hmpf: do have a death wish? :secruity:
Everyone, repentance is an ugly mug - don't listen to her! She isn't the dogs bóllocks folkes and i should know! She's a stuckup southern tart.

Not to mind, the horrendous smell of shít that follows her every move.

Im talking about my dog here ok....
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We're perfectionists.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by AT82)

Because good things come to those who wait; and better things come to those who wait longer. Although it could simply be that she has more "ground" to cover.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads