The Student Room Group

Geography NEA A Level Edexcel

Guys I’m in urgent need of help!

My current NEA question is: To what extent has the regeneration of [x place] been a success?

But the questions seems so fricking vague?
My teacher says it’s fine but she’s even clueless about the whole nea process! Help pls.
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
Guys I’m in urgent need of help!

My current NEA question is: To what extent has the regeneration of [x place] been a success?

But the questions seems so fricking vague?
My teacher says it’s fine but she’s even clueless about the whole nea process! Help pls.

It can be challenging to understand the scope and direction of an NEA question, especially if it appears to be vague or open-ended. Here are a few suggestions that may help you to focus your research and analysis for your Geography NEA:

Define what you mean by "success" in the context of the regeneration of the specific place you have chosen. This will help to guide your research and provide a clear framework for evaluating the regeneration. For example, you could consider whether the regeneration has led to improved economic, social and environmental outcomes for the area

Research the history of the regeneration of the place, including the goals, objectives, and any challenges that have been encountered. This will provide you with an understanding of the context and background of the regeneration efforts. Be sure to consider geographical factors such as the physical and human characteristics of the place.

Identify the key stakeholders involved in the regeneration, including local residents, businesses, community organizations, and government agencies. Research their perspectives on the regeneration and its success, including their attitudes towards the physical changes to the place, and the social and economic benefits they have experienced as a result of the regeneration.

Look at specific indicators of success such as changes in housing conditions, transport infrastructure, population demographics and employment opportunities in the area.

Analyze the impact of regeneration on the physical and human environment, including issues such as gentrification, social inequalities and the potential impacts on biodiversity.

Lastly, consider how you will present your findings and arguments in your NEA, and consider the use of different data visualization techniques, maps, and graphs to present your findings in a clear and effective way.

The important thing to remember is that despite the question seeming vague, it allows for quite a bit of flexibility for you to explore the topic and give your perspective on it. And always keep in mind that you should take help from your teacher to clarify any doubts you may have and to ensure you are on the right track
Original post by Curious_Bilawi
It can be challenging to understand the scope and direction of an NEA question, especially if it appears to be vague or open-ended. Here are a few suggestions that may help you to focus your research and analysis for your Geography NEA:

Define what you mean by "success" in the context of the regeneration of the specific place you have chosen. This will help to guide your research and provide a clear framework for evaluating the regeneration. For example, you could consider whether the regeneration has led to improved economic, social and environmental outcomes for the area

Research the history of the regeneration of the place, including the goals, objectives, and any challenges that have been encountered. This will provide you with an understanding of the context and background of the regeneration efforts. Be sure to consider geographical factors such as the physical and human characteristics of the place.

Identify the key stakeholders involved in the regeneration, including local residents, businesses, community organizations, and government agencies. Research their perspectives on the regeneration and its success, including their attitudes towards the physical changes to the place, and the social and economic benefits they have experienced as a result of the regeneration.

Look at specific indicators of success such as changes in housing conditions, transport infrastructure, population demographics and employment opportunities in the area.

Analyze the impact of regeneration on the physical and human environment, including issues such as gentrification, social inequalities and the potential impacts on biodiversity.

Lastly, consider how you will present your findings and arguments in your NEA, and consider the use of different data visualization techniques, maps, and graphs to present your findings in a clear and effective way.

The important thing to remember is that despite the question seeming vague, it allows for quite a bit of flexibility for you to explore the topic and give your perspective on it. And always keep in mind that you should take help from your teacher to clarify any doubts you may have and to ensure you are on the right track

YOU ARE AMAZING OH MY GOSH. Even more help than my teachers. You’ve given me a step in the right direction, THANK YOU!
Reply 3
Original post by Curious_Bilawi

Amazing advice!
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
YOU ARE AMAZING OH MY GOSH. Even more help than my teachers. You’ve given me a step in the right direction, THANK YOU!

Thank you for the kind words! I am happy to have been able to assist you in some way. Remember, education is a continuous process, and I am here to help you whenever you need it. Keep up the good work!
Original post by Ðeggs
Amazing advice!

I'm glad that you found my advice to be helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending