The Student Room Group

How to effectively revise?

So there is only about 4 months left till gcses and i still havent found the most effective way to revise. Whenever i revise i definitely feel as tho its not effective since im not getting the grades i want. My Plan at the moment is to start creating flashcards and mindmaps now and then start doing constant practice questions closer to the exams is that a good idea? or should i do something better, if anyone has any suggestions let me know
Original post by aqnna
So there is only about 4 months left till gcses and i still havent found the most effective way to revise. Whenever i revise i definitely feel as tho its not effective since im not getting the grades i want. My Plan at the moment is to start creating flashcards and mindmaps now and then start doing constant practice questions closer to the exams is that a good idea? or should i do something better, if anyone has any suggestions let me know

There are a variety of revision techniques that you might find effective, so it's important to experiment and find what works best for you. That being said, creating flashcards and mind maps, and doing practice questions can be a good starting point.

Using flashcards to revise can be helpful because they allow you to quickly review key concepts and definitions. Mind maps can also be useful, as they allow you to visually organize information in a way that makes it easier to understand and remember.

Practice questions are also an important part of revision, as they allow you to test your understanding of the material and identify areas where you need to focus your study efforts.

Here are some additional tips to help you revise effectively:

Create a study schedule that allows you to focus on one subject at a time.
Vary your study environment, it can help to keep you alert and focused.
Take regular breaks, this will help you stay focused and prevent burnout.
Try to study at the same time every day, this helps to create a routine.
Take notes while you’re reading the material, this is a good way to actively engage with the content.
Practice testing yourself on information you are trying to learn.
Use mnemonic devices to help you remember key information.
Use videos and diagrams to help explain complex concepts.

Finally, seek help from your teacher if you need it.

It is also important to consider not only the quantity of your practice but also the quality of it, make sure that you are practicing the right types of questions, focusing on your weak areas and simulating the real exam conditions.

Keep in mind that everyone learns differently, so it's important to experiment with different techniques and figure out what works best for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Curious_Bilawi
There are a variety of revision techniques that you might find effective, so it's important to experiment and find what works best for you. That being said, creating flashcards and mind maps, and doing practice questions can be a good starting point.

Using flashcards to revise can be helpful because they allow you to quickly review key concepts and definitions. Mind maps can also be useful, as they allow you to visually organize information in a way that makes it easier to understand and remember.

Practice questions are also an important part of revision, as they allow you to test your understanding of the material and identify areas where you need to focus your study efforts.

Here are some additional tips to help you revise effectively:

Create a study schedule that allows you to focus on one subject at a time.
Vary your study environment, it can help to keep you alert and focused.
Take regular breaks, this will help you stay focused and prevent burnout.
Try to study at the same time every day, this helps to create a routine.
Take notes while you’re reading the material, this is a good way to actively engage with the content.
Practice testing yourself on information you are trying to learn.
Use mnemonic devices to help you remember key information.
Use videos and diagrams to help explain complex concepts.

Finally, seek help from your teacher if you need it.

It is also important to consider not only the quantity of your practice but also the quality of it, make sure that you are practicing the right types of questions, focusing on your weak areas and simulating the real exam conditions.

Keep in mind that everyone learns differently, so it's important to experiment with different techniques and figure out what works best for you.

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest