The Student Room Group

Engineering Manchester or Leeds

So I want to know which uni is better in mechanical engineering course, I am gonna go next year, but can't decide which one to pick. Please advice...
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Prince_Mughal
So I want to know which uni is better in mechanical engineering course, I am gonna go next year, but can't decide which one to pick. Please advice...

I would say Manchester without a doubt not only for the value of its degree but also for the city. the university in Manchester has a very nice environment for any stem subjects. my friend from Leeds considered Manchester as a metropolitan while his city of Leeds was more like a town. part time jobs/ connectivity/ campus placements / city life / cheaper cost to live Manchester tick them all.

Better in terms of what? What are you specifically looking for from the course or university?
Original post by Smack
Better in terms of what? What are you specifically looking for from the course or university?

Both the uni and the course. Is the course difficult, enjoyable or what?
Both the uni and the course. Is the course difficult, enjoyable or what?

Any mechanical engineering degree is going to be at least reasonably difficult. Whether you consider it enjoyable depends on how much you enjoy solving maths/physics type problems, as that's what the majority of the degree is.

Both Manchester and Leeds are good universities, and you could do worse than either. Is it possible for you to visit the cities?
Original post by Smack
Any mechanical engineering degree is going to be at least reasonably difficult. Whether you consider it enjoyable depends on how much you enjoy solving maths/physics type problems, as that's what the majority of the degree is.

Both Manchester and Leeds are good universities, and you could do worse than either. Is it possible for you to visit the cities?

I really enjoy maths and physics and dealing with the formulas that's why I chose this course. In terms of difficulty I meant that I arrived from Spain and my spoken English is not so good, I can read and write and understand everything as I did primary in English medium school, but yk the accent is different here. That's what I meant that is that difficult to get in course etc... another thing yeah I can visit Manchester, but Leeds will be difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending