The Student Room Group

Need DDM

My university are requesting I get DDM in a level 3 ICT BTEC. In my first year I scored D*D*, would I only have to pass the second year to achieve DDM, given the D*D* means I automatically have DMM at the second year?
Original post by theboogyman
My university are requesting I get DDM in a level 3 ICT BTEC. In my first year I scored D*D*, would I only have to pass the second year to achieve DDM, given the D*D* means I automatically have DMM at the second year?

BTECs are graded on a points system with modules having different weightings. For example, in BTEC IT, module 4 and module 5 are weighted differently because module 4 is mandatory and module 5 is optional. You can work out the grades you need to achieve DDM by using the BTEC Nationals grade calculator here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

Based on your year 1 grade, your teachers have probably given you D*D*D*/D*D*D as a predicted grade. You only need DDM to get accepted though, so what you aim for is up to you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Musical Cats
BTECs are graded on a points system with modules having different weightings. For example, in BTEC IT, module 4 and module 5 are weighted differently because module 4 is mandatory and module 5 is optional. You can work out the grades you need to achieve DDM by using the BTEC Nationals grade calculator here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/understanding-marks-and-grades/using-the-next-generation-btec-nqf-grade-calculator.html

Based on your year 1 grade, your teachers have probably given you D*D*D*/D*D*D as a predicted grade. You only need DDM to get accepted though, so what you aim for is up to you.

I understand that the calculator can be used, however I'm seeing tons of different results online. So should my year two grade automatically be equal to DMM if I scored a D*D* in the first year? I'm doing OCR IT Level 3 Extended Diploma
Original post by theboogyman
I understand that the calculator can be used, however I'm seeing tons of different results online. So should my year two grade automatically be equal to DMM if I scored a D*D* in the first year? I'm doing OCR IT Level 3 Extended Diploma

Not necessarily as already been said, depends on the weightings for each unit. You said in one post it was a BTEC, now you say OCR. These are not the same thing and the BTEC grade calculator wont be any use for OCR. So which are you doing, BTEC or OCR?

Quick Reply