Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
babyballerina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can't believe I didn't notice a thread on my team!

It's spelt Middlesbrough BTW. Only one 'o' despite the use of 'Boro' with two 'o's for short.

I would be really sad to see Juninho go! Isn't he the only one left from those lost cup finals? he deserves the chance to play in Boro's first game in Europe.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by babyballerina)

It's spelt Middlesbrough BTW. Only one 'o' despite the use of 'Boro' with two 'o's for short.

I would be really sad to see Juninho go! Isn't he the only one left from those lost cup finals? he deserves the chance to play in Boro's first game in Europe.
sorry bout the wrong spelling :eek: i dont thinnk ull lose juninho though, i think middlesborough'll do something great this season
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

The text i got from Virgin says that he is staying and I am for one well excited about Europe.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

oh and youve signed Parlour too, which u probs know
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The lakers have proved time and time again that they can't win with out shaq. Then occasionally they got lucky. The problem with Vlade is that although he has probably been in more movies than any other NBA star, he is the worst actor in the NBA.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
The lakers have proved time and time again that they can't win with out shaq. Then occasionally they got lucky. The problem with Vlade is that although he has probably been in more movies than any other NBA star, he is the worst actor in the NBA.
They couldn't win this year with Shaq though . Lol, I've heard that comment so many times about Vlade.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The only reason why is because most English players are crap. And the league isn't as competitive as those of other countries.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
England 391-2

A record second-wicket stand between Andrew Strauss and Rob Key put England in command on day one of the first Test against West Indies at Lord's.

Strauss was removed by Omari Banks for 137 during the evening session, leaving England 391-2 with Key unbeaten on 167 and Michael Vaughan 36 not out.

The 291-run stand between Key and Strauss is a record for England's second wicket against West Indies.

Marcus Trescothick was an early casualty, falling to Tino Best for 16.
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anybody here race go-karts?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
Does anybody here race go-karts?
yea i do!!
JrW
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
yea i do!!
yay!!!! im am having lessons at buckmore in august and then hopefully aim to race next season...do you have you own kart? do you recommend rotax max or TKM?
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yay!!!! im am having lessons at buckmore in august and then hopefully aim to race next season...do you have you own kart? do you recommend rotax max or TKM?
i recommend a rotax! ive got a second hand rotax max, it works like a dream
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jediknight007)
The only reason why is because most English players are crap. And the league isn't as competitive as those of other countries.
Even if english players are crap in your eyes your post did nothing to solve the problems of the current system. European integration means that the english FA have no legal right to impose a quota on foreign players from inside the EU, the addition of the Czech Rep and other such countries will give managers even more option to buy unlimited players from abroad. If a quota could be imposed then it would undoubtedly force more emphasis onto the youth schemes.

Foreign managers dont help the situation by buying foreign talent (Mourinho 3 weeks back said he wasnt going to bring in portuguese players...) but i think the blame can be shared by english managers, everyone knows the meagre fees you can get for a good foreign player from a **** club rather than pay an english 'championship' club a vast sum for a similar player.
JrW
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i recommend a rotax! ive got a second hand rotax max, it works like a dream
what sort of speed do they get up to?
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
we must! this looks awesome
I like it, i reckon with a bit of database software, automatic marking and a bit of computing knowledge we could easily get 200+ people playing the game. We need a system of players though, maybe automatic invites at first to the people who have contributed to the ultimate football thread then work from there??
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what sort of speed do they get up to?
i recond it can go up to around 100ph, but i havent touched the limits yet
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
I like it, i reckon with a bit of database software, automatic marking and a bit of computing knowledge we could easily get 200+ people playing the game. We need a system of players though, maybe automatic invites at first to the people who have contributed to the ultimate football thread then work from there??
gd idea
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok so are we gonna use our own system, or are we going to use an already made one from a site? :cool:
George-W-Duck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ok so are we gonna me our own system, or are we going to use an already made one from a site? :cool:
I've already got a couple of my homies laying down some visual basic code (I tried to make the process seem as exciting as possible)to make the whole process as automated as possible, only the real and predicted scores should have to be entered. If anybody else wants a go at creating a system feel free (this could be placed in the computing forum aswell if anybody ventures in there-not my cup of tea), the general rules of it should be;

Por ejemplo...

Ipswich 6 - 0 Norwich...guess who i support
If the predictee said 6-0 to ipswich they get 3 points
if the predictee said a win to ipswich of any form they get 1 point
Any non ipswich win gets 0 points

The system should be able to do this for as least ten matches and 100 people predicting the results and be able to sum all the points totalled for each player to see how many they got for that week. This bit should be easy i reckon, sum function or something, Good Luck and brave volunteer!

By the Way, as mentioned previously, i will more than likely need people to help me run it, for now only the Wolf and I are definate but depending on the number of people playing i will choose more 'mods' as and when is necessary, cheers for the help guys!

G-W-D
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise