Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Didn't Gerrard Houllier say something about wanting more English players in his squad some time ago?
But look what happened to him
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Thats not the point though. The point being we should have a good youth system, but we don't. You're right, it's not as if there's hundreds of good young players out there who can't get in the teams because of foreigners, the problem lies further down at grass roots level, but its all relative - there's no good youth players because there isn't a good youth system, not the other way around. Money and effort is being placed in to buying cheaper foreign exports when perhaps, it would be better to invest it in youth academies or such setups, as teams like Ajax, and even Crewe show.
Good point..the only club i can think of with a good youth team setup is West Ham. And that's faded in the last few years

G
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I must be the only person that's voted no so far. Back of the net!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?...=11567&idSez=1
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
as i said before - NONONONONONONONO
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
And Parlour on a free!

Free!

That's Parlour, Viduka, Hasselabaink, Reiziger, Mendieta.....all for less than £5M!

Free!
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenbarnes)
And Parlour on a free!

Free!

That's Parlour, Viduka, Hasselabaink, Reiziger, Mendieta.....all for less than £5M!

Free!
lol yea very good, but wait till u hear the wages :rolleyes:
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Or to put it another way - Parlour, Hasselbaink, Reiziger, Mendieta.....for free!

Mendieta's on less than 30k (fact) and I can't see any of the 4 new signings being that much over that if at all, Steve McClaren is very strict on his wage caps. Although saying that I can't see Parlour agreeing to too much of a pay cut, seeing as he's only going to get 2/3 of it anyway.....
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
They couldn't win this year with Shaq though . Lol, I've heard that comment so many times about Vlade.
And it is still true. If a ref sees vlade go down, unless they see someone shove him, it is an automatic no-call.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by moncal)
And it is still true. If a ref sees vlade go down, unless they see someone shove him, it is an automatic no-call.
Man, I seriously hope NASN (a cable/satellite channel for American sports) gets the right to show the NBA next season (they're in negotiations for them) as I didn't see a single game this season just gone.

Oh yeah, what about Eric Snow to the Cavs? WTF were Philly thinking??
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
youre right it looks pretty gd
Attached files
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That does look pretty good.......but Queudrue centre back? And Murphy's left the club. Surely Queudrue would be at left back and Ehiogu would be in the centre.

Anyway, who cares - we're on the up! Yay.

Us and Birmingham challenging for 5th spot.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
Man, I seriously hope NASN (a cable/satellite channel for American sports) gets the right to show the NBA next season (they're in negotiations for them) as I didn't see a single game this season just gone.
i watched a few of the play-off games on sky sports extra
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i watched a few of the play-off games on sky sports extra
I couldn't have Sky Sports, cos I was at university and didn't have a TV. Even if I had been home, it would have been a waste, cos I'd only be watching the NBA and they didn't show that much. NASN getting it would be so much better, cos they show college ball too (and lots of it, LIVE!).
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nylex)
I couldn't have Sky Sports, cos I was at university and didn't have a TV. Even if I had been home, it would have been a waste, cos I'd only be watching the NBA and they didn't show that much. NASN getting it would be so much better, cos they show college ball too (and lots of it, LIVE!).
yeah, getting the sports channels would be a waste for you, cos there's so little basketball shown....
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They have Henry and Reyes already, plus they aren't that flush with cash at the mo.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
and i actually think Real needs him
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
He should come to Bath instead.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by freglish)
Tell me what you think! Will Morientes be in an Arsenal jersey next season?
Never heard of him. :confused:
tis_me_lord
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Eeyore)
Never heard of him. :confused:
He played for Spain as a forward i Euro 2004, he used to play for Real Madrid but went on loan to Monaco who reached the final of the European cup.

Anyway hello, your Cates sister aren't you?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise