Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Prologue
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
doesnt matter about period of time though

matters about overall fitness in terms of cardiovasclar, local and overall strength, heart rate, skills, technical issues etc.

each decathlon event is shorter then all on the list and they arent good at a few events ususally
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd nominate footballers, as they have to be strong in almost all areas of fitness. But I'm biased I suppose.
BazTheMoney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Footballers are notoriously unfit in comparison to other sports; similar to rugger bugger boys.

Of the ones suggested, I'd probable say boxers.
jediknight007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
F1 because I just love the sounds of the engines, the gear-shifts and the cars as they zoom past.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BazTheMoney)
Footballers are notoriously unfit in comparison to other sports; similar to rugger bugger boys.

Of the ones suggested, I'd probable say boxers.
Granted there are some lazy ones, but at the very peak they are extremely fit.

matters about overall fitness in terms of cardiovasclar, local and overall strength, heart rate, skills, technical issues etc.
Most the other sports don't require such a wide degree of attributes.
Prologue
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
footballers can take a rest on the pitch when they havent got the ball or can jog slowly or stop and catch a breather. its stop/start

they also dont need strength and theyre fitness test results overall wouldnt put them above the sports i mentioned i think although beckham ot 23 and complteed the bleep test but this is suited to footballers and rugby (eg stop/start/ twist)
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Prologue)
footballers can take a rest on the pitch when they havent got the ball or can jog slowly or stop and catch a breather. its stop/start

they also dont need strength and theyre fitness test results overall wouldnt put them above the sports i mentioned i think although beckham ot 23 and complteed the bleep test but this is suited to footballers and rugby (eg stop/start/ twist)
The bleep test isn't really much about stop start once the intervals get reduced. I know someone who needed 16 on the bleep test to get into the English Youth Cricket team despite being a wicket keeper.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
F1, no doubt.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This link has the details of all completed transfers:
http://www.football365.com/features/...y_119123.shtml

Thought it might be interesting to some.
[_Z_]
Report 15 years ago
I like F1 better.... but its sort of monotonous.. u know schumacher will win.lol....
[_Z_]
Report 15 years ago
I'd probably say rugby......
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Saints are indeed skint. Don't be surprised if like Gleeson, another rather famous player joins his brother at another superleague club. The money is there.
Another way to get round the salary cap would be a dual code contract .
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just thought i'd give an update on the system progress, my friend is 75% finished with the code and says t should be done by midweek anybody else had a go? I tried an failed again, programming is not my forte!
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Patrick Vieira has heightened the uncertainty over his Arsenal future by refusing to comment on whether he is set to join Real Madrid.

"I am sorry," said Vieira when questioned by a Spanish reporter on Arsenal's tour of Austria.

"I can not speak. This is not the right moment. I cannot talk about Real Madrid. Leave me. Don't do this."

www.bbc.co.uk/sport

looks like he's off to Madrid then, so who'll replace the idiot?
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [_Z_])
I'd probably say rugby......
I think that if you took all the major u.k. sports and ran some sort of series of fitness test Rugby League players would come out on top.

I am not saying that the fittest person in sport is a Rugby League player, I am just saying that I think that the average Rugby League player would be fitter then their football / rugby union / boxing counterpart.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
I think that if you took all the major u.k. sports and ran some sort of series of fitness test Rugby League players would come out on top.

I am not saying that the fittest person in sport is a Rugby League player, I am just saying that I think that the average Rugby League player would be fitter then their football / rugby union / boxing counterpart.
I would have to agree with that statement. After that they could look at the difference between the average britsh RL player and your average AUssie RL player
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Prologue)
Which sport has the best overall athlete and is the hardest?

I heard that motocross riders or something, scored highly on such tests and outperformed all others in certain tests.

Cardiovascularly, cyclists are best but all round maybe not. All round, the fittest athlete could be cyclists, decathletes, gymnasts, rowers or boxers?

or what else, or what?
Rowers or Swimmers
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
Patrick Vieira has heightened the uncertainty over his Arsenal future by refusing to comment on whether he is set to join Real Madrid.

"I am sorry," said Vieira when questioned by a Spanish reporter on Arsenal's tour of Austria.

"I can not speak. This is not the right moment. I cannot talk about Real Madrid. Leave me. Don't do this."

www.bbc.co.uk/sport

looks like he's off to Madrid then, so who'll replace the idiot?
maniche: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/3922769.stm

i'm still not convinced vieira's leaving, though...
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Go Jenson, it's your birthday..............wooooooo!! !!!!
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
This link has the details of all completed transfers:
http://www.football365.com/features/...y_119123.shtml

Thought it might be interesting to some.
Woh, cool!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.07%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.28%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.81%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.25%

Watched Threads

Latest