Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I still remember the day Sky Sports News announced Tottenham had signed a defender called Defendi. Genius.

Made my day that did.

ReputationRep:
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    MK Dons

(PS -> Forum 73)

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldinho and Co aka Barcelona!

ReputationRep:
    You like doing this don't you, deliberately putting threads in the wrong place. I shall say this again, put them in the sports sub section, that is what it is for.

ReputationRep:
    Is that poll deliberately stupid?

ReputationRep:
    this section is general chat i put what i want to put!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freglish)
    this section is general chat
    think again

ReputationRep:
    AC Milan, now they've shored up their defence well and proper, and also added more fire power.

I really think Chelsea will be in for a shout as well.

ReputationRep:
    no idea, it will be pretty open - Milan are always a safe bet

ReputationRep:
    anyone following it these days ? ..... its bcum pretty interesting now , only 2 matches left and nopbody knows whos in the finals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    anyone following it these days ? ..... its bcum pretty interesting now , only 2 matches left and nopbody knows whos in the finals
    yep, i'm watching it
    i think india will beat sri lanka in the next game, which will mean those two will contest the final....unfortunately, i think it will be another india win....although sri lanka have been playing really well and have already beaten india in the group stage, i just never really seem to believe that they will win when the two play...

ReputationRep:
    The radio keeps going on about Hoddle going to work with Arsene Wenger. What paper came up with this? Do you think it will happen?

ReputationRep:
    i read somewhere when i was researching the bleep test that it was more suited to stop start things like football becasue u have to run to the line, stop and turn like in football, rugby or tennis (eg sports where u run, then stop for a bit and change direction and move)

so its less suited to cyclists for example as they do not change direction quickly and do not run.

skiiers are the fittest overall actually. they usually win all the tests overall that determine good strength levels and top cv.

the male overall gymnastics olympic champ in athens will also probably be one the the best overall athletes in the world no doubt along wiv skiiers

rowers and swimmers are too bulky and cant run well

rugby players arent that cardiovascularly fit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prologue)
    rugby players arent that cardiovascularly fit
    Rugby union players probably with a few exceptions, rugby league players no way. Rugby union players are however getting much fitter, look at Josh Lewsey for example.

ReputationRep:
    not sure of the fittest but the unfittest must be in darts,bowling and maybe snooker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hattori)
    The radio keeps going on about Hoddle going to work with Arsene Wenger. What paper came up with this? Do you think it will happen?
    no hoddle wants too, but arsenal wont have him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    no hoddle wants too, but arsenal wont have him
    I wonder why, he keeps puttig his name in for jobs he wont get, France manager being the most amusing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George-W-Duck)
    I wonder why, he keeps puttig his name in for jobs he wont get, France manager being the most amusing...
    lol true. barthez the clown has more chance of becoming france manager

ReputationRep:
    Who would win?

South American/World Champs against European champs

Best attack vs. best defence

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.