Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool

We re gonna play them next year in the federations cup.
ravs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
are a disgrace, india are down to 5th, below pakistan, a team that we hammered in a recent test series, 2-1, with 2 innings victories

also, i do believe that india are more deserving of 2nd place than eng as 2nd place by definition to me means the team that can challenge the aussies the most and if any side has done that in tests it has been india. we were the last side to beat them in a test series and recently drew in australia.
before the pakistan series pak were rated 3rd in the world, so we beat a side rated 3rd in the world

west indies were rated 8th so england beat the 8th best side, and yet they go higher

ludicrous, considering englands shambolic record against the aussies. and also considering that head to head we have had the upper hand over england, beat them in india and drew in england, we have 1 series victory, they have none.(same in odi cricket too!)
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by [_Z_])
so..... since the reign of the lakers has ended...... what team will ne laker fans here be supporting now.......??????......... true fans stick with the teams... and not players........
Most fans stick with their team whether they have a chance of winning it all or not.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Greece would.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
Another way to get round the salary cap would be a dual code contract .
Impossible now. DW and ML don't own Orrell anymore.

The salary cap isn't the problem at Wigan anymore, there will be a lot of money floating about at the end of the year with some big name retirements.
saintuntilidie
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Don't be surprised if like Gleeson, another rather famous player joins his brother at another superleague club. The money is there.
No chance lad. Why would Scully want to join Wigan? Not all players go where the money is. Surely he would want success rather than a bit of extra wedge in his pocket.

People are getting too carried away with the recent lack of form of saints. Ok, we take a couple of hammerings and suddenly the club is in crisis. The club has been in financial problems for as long as i can remember and they havent had too many problems in recent years at winning trophies.

Gleeson signs for Wire. there is no way that Millward would have let him go unless he had a quality replacement lined up, and by letting Gleeson go, we'll have extra funds for a better quality replacement.

With regards to the low attendances at Knowsley Road, this has been the case all season, not since the suspensions of long and gleeson. You have to look at the wider picture. Of Saints 25 league and cup games this season, they have been on TV 17 times (approximately). Now given the choice, some supporters who wouldnt be considered to be die-hard fans dont turn up taking into account factors such as poor weather, not a "big game" (ie, wigan, leeds, bradford). if the game is on TV, many will stay at home, thus reducing attendances.

Also, people have to remember that Leeds and Bradford, are cities, therefore have larger populations, whom can attend games. I know Wigan is also a town, but not as many of their games are on TV.

NEVER WRITE THE SAINTS OFF! we'll be there come the end of the season. Have no doubts about that. Quality speaks for itself.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I agree with bigcnee
nan Siarich
Report 15 years ago
Greece. The match would be a masterclass in diving from both sides.
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Brazil would win...they have more class and more flair than the Greek team.

It's ll very well having a strong defence, but let's face it, Brazil have (possibly) the strongest attack in the game (they could easily overcome Greece's defence).
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Greeks got lucky
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What would yours be?

Mine's as follows:

Buffon/Kahn

Thuram, Nesta, Ferdinand, Carlos

Beckham, Vieira, Zidane, Giggs??? not many left sided players

Ronaldo, Kluivert or Henry, Van Nistelrooy
(hmm...after Euro 2004 maybe Rooney should be up here too)
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
braziians got lucky last nite .... if it was brazil and greece ... id say greece would win ....

but if it was argentina and greece , thts a diff story
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Buffon
Maldini
Nesta
carlos
Fiore
Totti
Shevchencko
Ronaldo
Seedorf
Edwards
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Prologue)
Who would win? South American/World Champs against European champs. Best attack vs. best defence.
They would draw
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Buffon

Cafu Nesta Samuel Carlos

Ronaldinho Zidane Totti Nedved

Henry Shevchenko
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
They would draw
i doubt it . Greece's advantage is tht they frustrate the opposition into making mistakes
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
Buffon
Maldini
Nesta
carlos
Fiore
Totti
Shevchencko
Ronaldo
Seedorf
Edwards
nedved too .. thnks for reminding me pzyko
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Toldo

R.Ferdinand
Ayala
Nesta

Giggs
Nedved
Scholes
Zidane
C.Ronaldo

Van Nistlerooy
Shevchenko
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Toldo

R.Ferdinand
Ayala
Nesta

Giggs
Nedved
Scholes
Zidane
C.Ronaldo

Van Nistlerooy
Shevchenko
Are you by any chance a Man U supporter?
Pzyko
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Brazil would give them a good whupping.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads