Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Doesn't mean that they are any good.
    true, about half the league makes the playoffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    true, about half the league makes the playoffs.
    A little more than half.

ReputationRep:
    They started off the season pretty badly, but played well towards the end. Their slow down, defensive style hasn't changed much.

Pistons beat the Nets 78-56 in game 1 of their series .

ReputationRep:
    Could someone help me compose a song entitled "Every day's a good day, when the Lakers lose twice in a row"?

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Go Spurs. They really need to work on their free-throws.

ReputationRep:
    All series tied 2-2. Maybe somebody will break a tie today.

ReputationRep:
    the spurs have ruined their chances to beat the lakers, it seems like the way to do it is to jump on them quickly, but now they are clawing back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    the spurs have ruined their chances to beat the lakers, it seems like the way to do it is to jump on them quickly, but now they are clawing back.

We will know after the game tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Lakers win by one by fade away with .4 seconds left.

ReputationRep:
    Damn LA .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Damn LA .
    I agree. I thought the spurs had won when duncan made his fadeaway with shaq guarding him.

ReputationRep:
    I've been playing in teams, school and outside teams, moving to london next month, does any1 know where I can train with ladies sub 21 basket? and Volleyball?!

I agree scoring is very hard when the coaches are screaming, but being a ref is hard work- any1 taking their official ref cert. this year?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Shines_)
    I've been playing in teams, school and outside teams, moving to london next month, does any1 know where I can train with ladies sub 21 basket? and Volleyball?!

I agree scoring is very hard when the coaches are screaming, but being a ref is hard work- any1 taking their official ref cert. this year?!

Finally we get to a subject I can talk about - ENGLISH BASKETBALL

Scoring is tough, but can become routine, and given that the scorers table has more power than coaches realise, they can just bring any abuse to the attention of the referee, and let the floor officials deal with it.

Many people see the scoring officials just as an employee of the host team, and so when a team is on the road, they always are somewhat suspicious - what they need to realise is that the table officials are match officials in the same way as the floor officials are, and are just as impartial; the fact that they know well the people at the host organization is just a consequence of officiating at that club regularly.

_Shines_ there are one or two London based teams which could be useful contacts for you:

Senior Women

London Capitals -

Tracey Griffiths
    Flat 2
    70 Sydenham Park
    Sydenham, London, SE26 4DP.
    England
    Phone: 07973 203 224
    Email: [email protected]

Brixton Lady Top Cats

Jimmy Rogers
    8 Shannon Grove
    Brixton
    London, SW9 8BX.
    England

Junior Women - Under 18

Richmond College - London United
    Jack Majewski
    137 Leas Drive
    Iver
    Bucks, SL0 9RP
    England
    Phone: 01753 655 231
    Fax: 07951 762 821

Additionally be sure to check out http://www.englandbasketball.co.uk for all the latest from the English Basketball Leagues for Men and Women, and any officiating courses happening nationally.

I don't know too much about volleyball, but regardless here is the link to the National Governing Body, England Volleyball:

http://www.volleyballengland.org/

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I thought the spurs had won when duncan made his fadeaway with shaq guarding him.
    The game was at the SBC Center, yeah? Hope the Spurs can win at the Staples Center (not sure when game 6 is though) and go on to win the series.

ReputationRep:
    Nets beat the pistons in triple overtime (not that I really care).
    Wolves beat kings 86-74. I wish that I had at least seen the game.

ReputationRep:
    Nets beat the pistons in triple overtime (not that I really care).
    Wolves beat kings 86-74. I wish that I had at least seen the game.
    Just seen the scores. I'm hoping Detroit wins their series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Just seen the scores. I'm hoping Detroit wins their series.

Yeah for some reason I seem to like Detroit better than New Jersey. I just really hope that the kings and the spurs win.

Have you heard that the knicks expect to be really good next year?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah for some reason I seem to like Detroit better than New Jersey. I just really hope that the kings and the spurs win.

Have you heard that the knicks expect to be really good next year?
    I like the way Detroit plays D, plus I hate Jersey now, lol. I hadn't heard that.. are they planning on doing anything in particular? Even in Detroit loses, I doubt Rasheed Wallace will want to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I like the way Detroit plays D, plus I hate Jersey now, lol. I hadn't heard that.. are they planning on doing anything in particular? Even in Detroit loses, I doubt Rasheed Wallace will want to leave.

No, the players think that they don't need anybody else. They say that they will be good enough if everybody is healthy.

ReputationRep:
    No, the players think that they don't need anybody else. They say that they will be good enough if everybody is healthy.
    Oh ok. Could happen I suppose. Sweetney, DerMarr Johnson and Frank Williams need to play and they need to get a backup for Allan Houston (unless his knees don't go again).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.