Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Stupid question with an obvious answer. Unless you're a gooner. Better question - who's better, Zidane or Ronaldinho?
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iloveawaygames)
Don't give the old "there different types of player so you can't compare" just who's best in your opinion?

I'd have to go for Zidane he seems to move with the ball like no other player does. He's also got more big game goals - World cup final, Champs league final! I know Henry aint really had these kind of opportunities and its not his fault but hey ZZ has done it. Also, ZZ can HEAD!
You cant really compare them to be honest but I have to say Zidane even tho I support Arsenal :rolleyes:
Iloveawaygames
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Stupid question with an obvious answer. Unless you're a gooner. Better question - who's better, Zidane or Ronaldinho?
Nah! Ronaldinho = box of tricks with no end product, lack of self-discipline. I'd take Henry every time.

Though in hindsight my Zidane/Henry comparison is somewhat predictable.
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Iloveawaygames)
Nah! Ronaldinho = box of tricks with no end product, lack of self-discipline. I'd take Henry every time.

Though in hindsight my Zidane/Henry comparison is somewhat predictable.
No end product? The guy has incredible vision and is brilliant at picking out a pass. Last season was the making of him, probably the best player in club football. Whether he can go on to have the consistancy of Zidane and have the same impact on the international scene is another matter, but last season at least he was brilliant and miles ahead of Zidane.
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
No end product? The guy has incredible vision and is brilliant at picking out a pass. Last season was the making of him, probably the best player in club football. Whether he can go on to have the consistancy of Zidane and have the same impact on the international scene is another matter, but last season at least he was brilliant and miles ahead of Zidane.
Yeah I agree with that!
lotus_lee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This is like asking who's better, Buffon or Del Piero.
lotus_lee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Buffon
Thuram, Nesta, Ferdinand, Roberto Carlos
Totti, Zidane, Vieira, Nedved
Ronaldo, Shevchenko

or

Frey
Bonera, Mexes, Chivu, Escude
Cristiano Ronaldo, Diego, Van der Vaart, Robben
Saviola, Torres
wizard
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Buffon

Ayala, Dellas, Campbell, Nesta

Robben, Nedved, Rocisky, Joaquin

Van Nistelrooy, Rooney
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pzyko)
Are you by any chance a Man U supporter?
:rolleyes:That obvious eh?
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well Henry isn't very good technically, most people who play football themselves should realise this. However Zidane has almost perfect body-shaping everytime he strikes the ball, Zidane wins...no question.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
pre 2003 matches dont count , half the english team easnt playing good then. India and australia are NOT the elite of cricket my friend as u mite think , A team is only as good as the effort they put in , not their players . Look at bangladesh , they have only 2 good players , yet they stick around and can put up scores of 190 against the best bowling line up these days ( sri lanka , and yes im expecting a huge post showing how indias bowling is hte best ) no matter who u beat takes effort , and england are consistently putting it in these days and playing more like a unit than any other team .
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
btw , rankings are not affected by series wins , they are affected by individual match wins , so if u beat a team rank say 2nd and 3-2 ur third , the other team will get very minimal points .

however a match between say an 8th and a 2nd team , and the 8th ranked guys win , they get MUCH more points than if the 2nd ranked ones would if they had won
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Admittedly, Henry is a prolific goal scorer, but Zidane's been at this game much longer, and his level of technical skill is incomparable.
Willa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
sorry, but this question is like asking which is better: famine or disease? Frankly, the world would be better off without both - they both suck.

Although if I had to pick one, I would pick Zidane, because he had real talent a few years back. He's passed his use-by-date though, so he sucks just as much. And any footballer who does a car advert shouldn't be playing football any more. Sorry.

Gosh I am being harsh today :P
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Zinedine Zidane is a magician.
Cossack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ive gone for Henry really just for his consistency and the fact that he along with Veira were they key factor in the sucesful Arsenal team this season, whilst Zidane was a mostly excellent part of the misfiring Galacticos at Real. Whilst theres no doubt that he can turn a game in a second and put the fear of God into opposition Midfielders and defences I do not believe he is currently the best midfielder in the world whilst I think Henry is the best striker at the moment... (mind you if ZZ wants to come and joins the Geriatricos at the mighty mighty bolton I wont be complaining)
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
braziians got lucky last nite .... if it was brazil and greece ... id say greece would win ....

but if it was argentina and greece , thts a diff story
you forget that brazil was playing with their second team.
and greece their first.
id like greece to win, but im sure brazil would! (and yeah i still support brazil! )
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
Well I would choose a 4-4-2 formation and not choose the best players and build a formation around them.

Buffon
J. Zanetti (saw him play once and he was a cut above)
Campball
Nesta
Zambrotta
Nedved
Ballack
Zidane
Ronaldinho
Henry
Van Nistelrooy

now who could argue with that
you want Gerrard or Vieira in centre mid
Walk By
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
when comparing two top class players in forward and midfield. the midfielder tends to be the better player... coz the midfielder needs to be a more complete player.

and in this case zidane is the most complete of them all. just look at EURO 2004, henry didn't do anything...but every game zidane was at the centre of it all. and yet henry only seems to play well with arsenal..
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Walk By)
when comparing two top class players in forward and midfield. the midfielder tends to be the better player... coz the midfielder needs to be a more complete player.

and in this case zidane is the most complete of them all. just look at EURO 2004, henry didn't do anything...but every game zidane was at the centre of it all. and yet henry only seems to play well with arsenal..
No he didn't . Zidane also underperformed massively, as did the whole French team.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise