Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I would sooner see a promising Argentine youngster playing, than a Carlton Palmer.
    And I would sooner see a player like Wayne Rooney playing, than a cheap Argentinian export who flops, can't speak the language and has motivational issues.

Two sides to every coin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Real madrid are closing in on Viera. That's so unfair! Arsenal need him. Real madrid are saying that Viera's an important player for them. Well, he's not half as important for them as he is for Arsenal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/3931181.stm
    Oh Man! Why oh why?

ReputationRep:
    Think Simpsons. Think Nelson. Think "Haha!"

ReputationRep:
    Blimey. Suprised at the amount of people going for us (Boro) to win the League Cup. Can I be ever so cheeky and an other category - top goalscorer?

Premiership - Chelsea
    Championship - Tranmere
    League 1 - Hartlepool
    League 2 - Yeovil
    Champions League - Chelsea (yup, the double)
    FA Cup - Chelsea (yup, the treble)
    League Cup - Aston Villa
    Top goalscorer - Mateja Kezman

As you can see, I think Chelsea will do alright this season......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    ____________Buffon

______Thuram Bonera Nesta

___Ronaldo Totti Nedved Ronaldinho

______Rooney Henry Adriano
    Euk! 3-4-3! Not on my watch

ReputationRep:
    3-4-3?! Look at the players - it's 3-0-7!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Think Simpsons. Think Nelson. Think "Haha!"
    Thank you for your helpful input

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Thank you for your helpful input
    That's okay. Are you crying yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    3-4-3?! Look at the players - it's 3-0-7!
    yeah what am i saying...mc-watson, i think your team is just a little too forward minded!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if we're doing ever:

................Yashin

....Baresi Beckenbauer Moore

Jairzinho Platini Socrates Cruyff

...............Maradona

..........Puskas........Pele
    Nonono. Best for Jairzinho. Zidane for Socrates. And... yeah, that'll do. Maybe Eusebio or Di Stefano for Puskas, but any of the three's going to be pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    That's okay. Are you crying yet?
    no sorry, no tears before bedtime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    yeah what am i saying...mc-watson, i think your team is just a little too forward minded!
    Tactic = GUNG HO!

ReputationRep:
    Tactic = GUNG HO!
    ...and let everything in at the back, although i changed my mind, your teams more like 3-3-4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    ...and let everything in at the back, although i changed my mind, your teams more like 3-3-4
    Nah the defenders can cope!

Nedved can defend well also!

Might replace Totti though!

ReputationRep:
    And I would sooner see a player like Wayne Rooney playing, than a cheap Argentinian export who flops, can't speak the language and has motivational issues.

Two sides to every coin.
    Rooney is the exception to the rule. In the same way that a Giggs, an Owen, a Scholes have been given the chance to shine on the big stage - he has too. If an English youngster shows promise, of Rooney-proportions, then he will be given a chance.

Most foreign players are brought to this country with good intentions and they have looked quite decent in their home territories. Coming to England seems to have an adverse effect on some talented players though - managers don't deliberately buy foreign duds, even if they are cheap. Figueroa has come into his own after ending his Blues spell, Savo Milosevic has one of the best scoring records in Serie A etc.

ReputationRep:
    Tactic = GUNG HO!
    This isn't CM, boyo.

ReputationRep:
    Just to make sure everyone sees it, here's a fantastic quote from Jacques Santini:

"If Arsene Wenger wants Ledley (King), he will have to give me Thierry Henry and Sol Campbell," said Santini.

"He will not be able to give me Patrick Vieira as well because he is going to sign for Real Madrid."

The man's a legend!

ReputationRep:
    This isn't CM, boyo.
    I know! My team would make a lot more sense if it was! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    well thats cos we are playing atm. i imagine ppl post alot when their football teams are in action, why should this be an exception?

oh and btw the corruption factor has been scaled down immensely due to the Anti Corruption Unit, it really isnt a problem now, minimal

ReputationRep:
    england must win 3-0 atleast, to improve their ratings points, 2-0 will see them keep their tally of 107 points.
    yeah if we beat australia at home, we go 2nd. aus are a vastly improved side but havent won a series in india since 1969 under bill lawry. however they just beat sri lanka 3-0 in their own backyard, which is no easy feat, however aus gave away first innings deficits in all 3 tests, but sri lankas batters couldnt capitalise, i cant see india making the same mistake.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.