Report 15 years ago
No poll?
lotus_lee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
well thats cos we are playing atm. i imagine ppl post alot when their football teams are in action, why should this be an exception?
But wouldn't it be better to just dedicate one thread to cricket, India in particular, instead of creating a thread every single time a match is played?
firebladez777.5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lotus_lee)
But wouldn't it be better to just dedicate one thread to cricket, India in particular, instead of creating a thread every single time a match is played?
Yes. Indian cricket is a genre unto itself. Not only are they the best team ou there, but they play the most exciting and memorable matches (good win yesterday). My favourite wa the natwest series final in 2002.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
This isn't CM, boyo.

then i'd sign Braathen, Toledo, Kallstrom, Fredy William Thompson etc

anyway:

Buffon
Thuram
Nesta
Campbell
Zambrotta
Ronaldinho
Vieira
Zidane
Nedved
Henry
Rooooooooonnnnnnnneeeeeeyyyyyy
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hello all footie fans....

Just thought I'd start a thread for Chelsea fans..about Chelsea.

Talk about news of Chelsea and your opinions...as well as anything else you wanna talk about

First things first....Chelsea have signed Carvalho for about £20M!!!

What are your views on this....??

G
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23214,00.html

Good news. Wigan finally have a try scoring centre to replace Steve Renouf.

One more big name signing to come
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! You're the bestest! Chelsea are the bestest! We have enough money to spend £20M on him! Ooo and horray fr Eidur Gudjohnsen!
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Hello
First things first....Chelsea have signed Carvalho for about £20M!!!

What are your views on this....??

G
good player, but too much money....although i guess nothing's too much money with chelsea
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! You're the bestest! Chelsea are the bestest! We have enough money to spend £20M on him! Ooo and horray fr Eidur Gudjohnsen!
Ta me dears!

Now...see....the thing i'm wondering is....Chelsea's first choice pairing is..or should be...Gallas and Terry in central defence..correct??

In that case...are chelsea paying £20M for a back-up central defender??(echoing what mockel said)

If Carvalho is actually going to play as a first choice centre back...that means i suppose Gallas will be movd to somewhere else in defence. Definitely not Left back though..that's Bridge's...so right back??? In which case...why did we buy a right back for £13M??

Isn't it nice to have sooooo much money??

Also...yes...Iceman Gudjohnsen deserves his lovely new contract!!

G
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Chelsea just like showing off how much money they have, and it's always nice to have a choice of player
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think Chelsea just like showing off how much money they have, and it's always nice to have a choice of player
Mmmmmmmmmmmm..money......money is good!!

So....what would be everyone's first choice chelsea team then?? Mine would be:

Cudicini

Ferreira (sp?) Gallas Terry Bridge

Parker/Cole Lampard Makelele Duff/Robben (undecided as yet)

Kezman/Drogba/Gudjohnsen/Mutu(undecided as well)

Impressive line-up no??

G
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lampard's so fit (sorry, girly input there!)
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lampard's so fit (sorry, girly input there!)
Hahahahaha...well...it was to be expected....

EDIT: having said that..my sister showed me a pic of him in a magazine sunbathing....and i have to say it looked like he shaved his armpits??!

G
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
C+P job for those who can't be bothered to click.

--------------------------------------------------------------

CENTRE David Vaealiki is bound for England after being granted a release from Parramatta Eels.

Vaealiki has been snapped up by Wigan on a three-year deal after the English Super League heavyweights missed out on NSW Origin centre Mark Gasnier who failed to get a release from his NRL club, the Dragons.

Vaealiki, 23, made his first grade debut with the Eels in 1999 and played 93 games, earning international selection for New Zealand (seven Tests from 2000-03).

But Vaealiki has only played seven games this season after going down with a torn Achilles in round eight.pe"David has made a great impression on everyone at the club since arriving from New Zealand in 1999," Eels CEO Denis Fitzgerald.

"He has a tremendous opportunity to set himself up for life, and he goes with our blessing.

"I know all Parramatta supporters will join me in wishing him all the very best."

The Eels are also contemplating granting a release to five-eighth Adam Dykes who wants to return to Cronulla where he played from 1995-2001.

"The negotiations from our end have been completed. We are just waiting on a release from Parramatta – I'm hopeful this week we will have a result," Sharks CEO Steve Rogers said.
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
Mmmmmmmmmmmm..money......money is good!!

So....what would be everyone's first choice chelsea team then?? Mine would be:

Cudicini

Ferreira (sp?) Gallas Terry Bridge

Parker/Cole Lampard Makelele Duff/Robben (undecided as yet)

Kezman/Drogba/Gudjohnsen/Mutu(undecided as well)

Impressive line-up no??

G
i'm pretty sure kezman and drogba will be first choice, but i've always liked gudjohnsen.....duff should definately be ahead of robben, imo
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I remember this guy from when he toured with New Zealand in 2002, seemed a good player. Other rumors that seem to be hot at the moment are -

Hape to Saints / Hull
Thorman to Huddersfield (apparantly a done deal)
P.Sculthorpe to Wigan (yea right!)
Paul King to Leeds Rhinos
Ellis (Wakefield) to any of the "big 5"
Long to Wigan / Hull (yea right!)
Fittler to Warrington

The best one had to be the Stacey Jones to Hull thing. The Hull Daily Mail and many other newspapers reported it as a done deal and look what happened there! The same sort of thing happened with Henry Paul to Hull last year to the point that the club actually issued an official denial because it was dominating the local paper.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i'm pretty sure kezman and drogba will be first choice, but i've always liked gudjohnsen.....duff should definately be ahead of robben, imo
That's what i thought too....kezman looks sharp..and you can't leave £24M Drogba on the bench....although gudjohnsen is pushing for a place up front. Mutu..i only put in cos he has the talent...just depends if he actually starts soring again.

I do like Duff....but Robben had a storm of a Euro 2004...and Duff is still recovering from injury....so Robben may stake his claim to claim there ahead of Duff. Btw- I think Duff is more of a threat in scoring goals than Robben.

G
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
you've got sooooo many players now

feel sorry for the likes of Parker, Joe Cole and Johnson who all signed and will really struggle to play now
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Uuh well, his initials happen to be DW yes
Tell big Dave that I think he should send me some corporate hospitality tickets to the Wigan V Hull game .

I used to go to alot of away games with the late Roy Waudby as we have lived next door to his family for many years.

I remember taking a girlfriend to C.P. once back in the dark days of Peter Walsh and Hull Sharks, I think that Wigan put about 60 past us.

Roy and Uncle Mo were friends so I have met Mo once or twice, he seems quite lively.
Nima
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
OMG, Chelsea are absolutely going to rag the Premiership this coming season. It's going to be hilarious; just look at their squad, and now their manager.

All over Man U, that's it! The end is near!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.03%
No (234)
75.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed