The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
serious narb
you've got sooooo many players now

feel sorry for the likes of Parker, Joe Cole and Johnson who all signed and will really struggle to play now

To be fair...despite makin quite a few signings this summer....we've actually got rid of a fair few as well. Plus..Mourinho now has his squad of 24 players...which means that players like Cole and Parker probably will play a fair bit...though less so with Johnson as it looks as though he's been pushed into 2nd choice...and if what i stated previously happens with Gallas...he may even become 3rd choice.

G
gzftan
Btw- I think Duff is more of a threat in scoring goals than Robben.

G

i think he's more of a threat in general- that's why i would put him ahead
Reply 2482
Invisible
OMG, Chelsea are absolutely going to rag the Premiership this coming season. It's going to be hilarious; just look at their squad, and now their manager.

All over Man U, that's it! The end is near!

Hehehe.....should be intersting!! :smile:

G
Reply 2483
mockel
i think he's more of a threat in general- that's why i would put him ahead

Agreed..as long as his fitness keeps. Ah..wouldn't it be wonderful if both Duff and Robben could play on the right wing as well...imagine...Duff and Robben in attack......AMAZING! :smile:

G
gzftan
Agreed..as long as his fitness keeps. Ah..wouldn't it be wonderful if both Duff and Robben could play on the right wing as well...imagine...Duff and Robben in attack......AMAZING! :smile:

G

hehe, now that would be pushing it!
robben: better than pires (when he was at his peak)?
Reply 2485
mockel
hehe, now that would be pushing it!
robben: better than pires (when he was at his peak)?

I think so...and Robben is going to get better and better. One thing that confused me initially...he's built like a brick wall....you'd never had him pegged for a winger would you?! Lol

G
gzftan
I think so...and Robben is going to get better and better. One thing that confused me initially...he's built like a brick wall....you'd never had him pegged for a winger would you?! Lol

G

i haven't been paying too much attention to him, tbh.....all i know is he is very quick and skillful, which are good qualities for a winger
Reply 2487
mockel
i haven't been paying too much attention to him, tbh.....all i know is he is very quick and skillful, which are good qualities for a winger

Yeah..he is quick...although i think Duff is just slightly faster...but both can put crosses in with pinpoint accuracy....the future's bright....the future's blue :tongue:

G
gzftan
Yeah..he is quick...although i think Duff is just slightly faster...but both can put crosses in with pinpoint accuracy....the future's bright....the future's blue :tongue:

G

hehe, let's hope it's red (well not you)
R4's 7-30 sport coverage this morning. The entire bulletin (apart from the racing tips) was taken up with Sven's sex life. How much further can this soccer obsession go? It's the close season, and England beat the Windies the day before. There must also have been stories from the cricket tote sport leaguge and Wigan Rugby League had announced a major signing. None of this got a mention. Soccer soccer soccer. Why bother pretending it's a sports bulletin at all?

To cap it all there are now three threads running on here about Patrick Viera <yawn>!
Reply 2490
mockel

Oh..you're not a Manure supporter are you?!?! I was starting to respect you for a moment there....:tongue:

G
gzftan
Oh..you're not a Manure supporter are you?!?! I was starting to respect you for a moment there....:tongue:

G

oh no! we hate manure as well :wink:
mockel

okay, let me edit it a bit:
let's hope it's red and white :smile:
Robben will be converted into a striker before too long. Well, I say converted, but seeing as though he's played there most of his life anyway, including most times the season before last when Kezman was injured and his season in the youth team when he scored 50 goals. The problem he had in Holland will be the same problem he has here, only it will make him look even worse. Pace. Or probably more accurately, acceleration. He's got quick feet and he's extremely skillful with one hell of a left foot, but he relies too much on skill to beat a man, rather than pace, which will be his downfall in the Premiership, in my opinion, unless of course, he plays upfront (which he should, because it's his best position).

What I can't believe is Chelsea have spent all this money (including 20M for Carvalho! They could have got Nesta for that (Real got Samuel for less)) and they haven't bought a player in the position they need the most - right wing. As in, a right winger, not a right midfielder. Someone like Joaquin would have been perfect. Anyway.....

......................Cech (Cuducini's better atm but Cech's potential is such I'd throw him in now)
....Ferreira Carvalho Terry Bridge
Geremi.....Lampard Parker.......Duff
.......................Robben
..............Kezman
Reply 2494
mockel
okay, let me edit it a bit:
let's hope it's red and white :smile:

Ah...a gooner....i look forward to chelsea repeating the Champion's League 1/4 final result a few times this season :tongue:

G
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Football football football
goldenbarnes
Robben will be converted into a striker before too long. ......................Cech (Cuducini's better atm but Cech's potential is such I'd throw him in now)
..............Kezman

ah, didn't see that one coming...
as you said, right wing is definetely needed...
Reply 2497
goldenbarnes
Robben will be converted into a striker before too long. Well, I say converted, but seeing as though he's played there most of his life anyway, including most times the season before last when Kezman was injured and his season in the youth team when he scored 50 goals. The problem he had in Holland will be the same problem he has here, only it will make him look even worse. Pace. Or probably more accurately, acceleration. He's got quick feet and he's extremely skillful with one hell of a left foot, but he relies too much on skill to beat a man, rather than pace, which will be his downfall in the Premiership, in my opinion, unless of course, he plays upfront (which he should, because it's his best position).

What I can't believe is Chelsea have spent all this money (including 20M for Carvalho! They could have got Nesta for that (Real got Samuel for less)) and they haven't bought a player in the position they need the most - right wing. As in, a right winger, not a right midfielder. Someone like Joaquin would have been perfect. Anyway.....

......................Cech (Cuducini's better atm but Cech's potential is such I'd throw him in now)
..............Kezman

Agreed...i couldn't think of a really good player we have for the right wing....but i suppose most of the players we have can fill in adequately there.

You'd leave gallas out?

G
I know, I know. £20M on a player who is a carbon copy (sort of) of Gallss just a tincey wincey bit bettter. Waste of money in my opinion. But as you've probably guessed from that, I think Carvalho is slightly better than Gallas. Only just mind.

I'd be tempted to put Gallas at right back instead of Ferreira mind.
gzftan
Ah...a gooner....i look forward to chelsea repeating the Champion's League 1/4 final result a few times this season :tongue:

G

and how long did you have to wait for that win :tongue: :tongue:

Latest