Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    Hello,

Just spent the last few days developing a new website that lets you predict every premiership game and ranks you in leagues etc... according to how accurate you are:

http://www.premiershipprophecy.com/

Please give me suggestions to improve it before the season starts!
    It is free to play, and you can make your own leagues and stuff, so maybe a UKL private league could be set up? (12 players max per private league).

Join now, and tell all your friends to!

Edit: Just read down the forum and spotted you all talking about making one of these sites! Come play with me

W.
    That at first impession does look impressive, i will scrutinise further!

*The 12 player rule does seem to be a bit limiting for UKL's size, if you could interlink leagues so you move up and down 'divisions' according to how well you are doing then that would be good. Or even just increasing the numebr fo players!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    Hello,

Just spent the last few days developing a new website that lets you predict every premiership game and ranks you in leagues etc... according to how accurate you are:

http://www.premiershipprophecy.com/

Please give me suggestions to improve it before the season starts!
    It is free to play, and you can make your own leagues and stuff, so maybe a UKL private league could be set up? (12 players max per private league).

Join now, and tell all your friends to!

Edit: Just read down the forum and spotted you all talking about making one of these sites! Come play with me

W.
    Wow, sexy page! Nice one!

Looking very impressive!!!

ReputationRep:
    some pretty good explanations here!

I was trying to explain cricket to a German couple in Poole Park last month, where a local village side was playing ... it was incredibly hard!

i basically said that it was like baseball, and *that player* 'chucks' :eek: the ball and if it knocks off the wooden posts or someone catches the ball, then the batsman is out. it was a disastrous occasion as they didn't speak that much english. i didn't even TRY to explain LBWs....

ReputationRep:
    Dreadlock Holiday !! .... not exactly a sports song but whenever i hear it i picture Lara hitting a 400 and all the westindian greats !

n e one remember any good sports songs ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    some pretty good explanations here!

I was trying to explain cricket to a German couple in Poole Park last month, where a local village side was playing ... it was incredibly hard!

i basically said that it was like baseball, and *that player* 'chucks' :eek: the ball and if it knocks off the wooden posts or someone catches the ball, then the batsman is out. it was a disastrous occasion as they didn't speak that much english. i didn't even TRY to explain LBWs....
    yeah .... the easiest dismissals to explain are catches and hit wickets ....

i saw this website once ... i dont remember where exactly but it was sumthing like " Explaining Cricket to Dummies/Americans " .... i think its on the ICC website for the states or canada ....

ReputationRep:
    World in Motion

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    World in Motion
    That is the best song EVER!!
    john barnes' bit was classic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I just feel that with a foreign manager he may not be so inclined in wanting English players in his squads,
    Well...he's already stated that similarly to Ranieri...he wants an english backbone..and also that the captain will be an english player....and i can't see him leaving terry lampard or bridge out.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    R4's 7-30 sport coverage this morning. The entire bulletin (apart from the racing tips) was taken up with Sven's sex life. How much further can this soccer obsession go? It's the close season, and England beat the Windies the day before. There must also have been stories from the cricket tote sport leaguge and Wigan Rugby League had announced a major signing. None of this got a mention. Soccer soccer soccer. Why bother pretending it's a sports bulletin at all?

To cap it all there are now three threads running on here about Patrick Viera <yawn>!
    It's called FOOTBALL since we created it and named it that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Well...he's already stated that similarly to Ranieri...he wants an english backbone..and also that the captain will be an english player....and i can't see him leaving terry lampard or bridge out.

G
    This is good to hear. Has he stated any interest in Beckham? Sorry if it's a daft question but I haven't heard of much sport talk over the holidays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Not the name of his location. Really should know better. I wonder what RFL and RFU stands for? Hmmmm that F just can't pinpoint to what it stands for :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This is good to hear. Has he stated any interest in Beckham? Sorry if it's a daft question but I haven't heard of much sport talk over the holidays!
    Lol...no..it's doubtful he'll make any more new signings till January now. He wants a squad of 24...with 2 world class players for each position...and he seems content he's got that...Carvalho filling the missing centre back slot.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol...no..it's doubtful he'll make any more new signings till January now. He wants a squad of 24...with 2 world class players for each position...and he seems content he's got that...Carvalho filling the missing centre back slot.

G
    Don't worry I'm not a Beckham fanatic. Just while we got the £££ we can invest in English talent.

I hate for us to do a Leeds...

ReputationRep:
    he just too damn good
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/h...00/3173661.stm

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I'm not a Beckham fanatic. Just while we got the £££ we can invest in English talent.

I hate for us to do a Leeds...
    Lol...that'll never happen...unless Abramovich somehow manages to lose 6 billion on the stock market????

G

ReputationRep:
    They are all too good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)

Erm... evidence suggests the Chinese invented it.

ReputationRep:
    Winston's easy to beat, with Legend as Winston so short and slow :P with some practice he's easy but Shakey is difficult and the King is impossible :P

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.