Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
Many players have noted that Man Utd's dominance in the premiership is coming to an end. No idea if any of thoese are world class players, but it might help Chelsea's cause
Plus the fact that chelsea can offer much higher wages will atract them away from Manure too.

G
wonderboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
New tests being used at Athens for HGH (Human Growth Hormone)... Should be interesting to see how many athletes are caught out by this one, as it was previously undetctable (in isolated circumstances).

HGH however, is used by 'normal' people, and is totally legal, I wouldn't mind trying some of that stuff out myself.

W.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why iznt the Chelsea thread created before I left! :mad: anyways...

(Original post by gzftan)
Hello all footie fans....
Just thought I'd start a thread for Chelsea fans..about Chelsea.
Talk about news of Chelsea and your opinions...as well as anything else you wanna talk about FPRIVATE
First things first....Chelsea have signed Carvalho for about £20M!!!
What are your views on this....??
http://s4.invisionfree.com/Wolf/index.php?showtopic=10

a me dears!
Now...see....the thing i'm wondering is....Chelsea's first choice pairing is..or should be...Gallas and Terry in central defence..correct??

In that case...are chelsea paying £20M for a back-up central defender??(echoing what mockel said)

If Carvalho is actually going to play as a first choice centre back...that means i suppose Gallas will be movd to somewhere else in defence. Definitely not Left back though..that's Bridge's...so right back??? In which case...why did we buy a right back for £13M??

Isn't it nice to have sooooo much money??

Also...yes...Iceman Gudjohnsen deserves his lovely new contract!!
yes gallas is likely to be on the bench, an international centre back on the bench can't hurt the team, but yes, he might want to play regularly, but Mourinho wants to make sure there is a world class back-up e.g if JT gets injured (touchwood) :rolleyes: .

(Original post by Ellie4)
I think Chelsea just like showing off how much money they have, and it's always nice to have a choice of player
loooool i doubt it, looks more like Roman wanna spend some money to make his bank account look less suspicious..

Mmmmmmmmmmmm..money......money is good!!

So....what would be everyone's first choice chelsea team then?? Mine would be:

Cudicini

Ferreira (sp?) Gallas Terry Bridge

Parker/Cole Lampard Makelele Duff/Robben (undecided as yet)

Kezman/Drogba/Gudjohnsen/Mutu(undecided as well)

Impressive line-up no??

G
surely you'd want to have carvalho instead of gallas! you just don't put a £20 million player on the bench :rolleyes: , carvalho is reputated to be one of the fastest c.m in the world too. I'd have drogba,kezman,duff,robben,lampar d,makelele,ferreira,carvalho,ter ry,bridge,cudicini

(Original post by Ellie4)
Lampard's so fit (sorry, girly input there!)
No commento :rolleyes:

EDIT: having said that..my sister showed me a pic of him in a magazine sunbathing....and i have to say it looked like he shaved his armpits??!
argh

Agreed..as long as his fitness keeps. Ah..wouldn't it be wonderful if both Duff and Robben could play on the right wing as well...imagine...Duff and Robben in attack......AMAZING!
how do you have two right wings? :confused:

(Original post by mockel)
i'm pretty sure kezman and drogba will be first choice, but i've always liked gudjohnsen.....duff should definately be ahead of robben, imo
That's what i thought too....kezman looks sharp..and you can't leave £24M Drogba on the bench....although gudjohnsen is pushing for a place up front. Mutu..i only put in cos he has the talent...just depends if he actually starts soring again.

I do like Duff....but Robben had a storm of a Euro 2004...and Duff is still recovering from injury....so Robben may stake his claim to claim there ahead of Duff. Btw- I think Duff is more of a threat in scoring goals than Robben.
eh..why not play both robben and duff? both can and have played as left and right wingers...

(Original post by Invisible)
OMG, Chelsea are absolutely going to rag the Premiership this coming season. It's going to be hilarious; just look at their squad, and now their manager.

All over Man U, that's it! The end is near!
I hope so, but don't judge by the money we've spent. 90% of our buys are way overpriced. Kezman at £5 mil is probably the best player we've bought, and the 2nd cheapest...

(Original post by goldenbarnes)
Robben will be converted into a striker before too long. Well, I say converted, but seeing as though he's played there most of his life anyway, including most times the season before last when Kezman was injured and his season in the youth team when he scored 50 goals. The problem he had in Holland will be the same problem he has here, only it will make him look even worse. Pace. Or probably more accurately, acceleration. He's got quick feet and he's extremely skillful with one hell of a left foot, but he relies too much on skill to beat a man, rather than pace, which will be his downfall in the Premiership, in my opinion, unless of course, he plays upfront (which he should, because it's his best position).

What I can't believe is Chelsea have spent all this money (including 20M for Carvalho! They could have got Nesta for that (Real got Samuel for less)) and they haven't bought a player in the position they need the most - right wing. As in, a right winger, not a right midfielder. Someone like Joaquin would have been perfect. Anyway.....
Robben -striker? i doubt it, for the moment anyways, we have too many world class strikers.. Robben is a winger for me, he is known for his speed and crosses, and skills, not really for putting balls behind the net.

and...Yes yes yes, Carvalho is very overpriced, he worths about 5-10 million, and madrid offered 9 million...now that says something :rolleyes:

Yeh...i see your point...but then what's the point of having a £13M reserve right back???

Also...Smertin...he's been playing well....could be a valuable asset in midfield...maybe even ousting Makelele?????
I think Smertin will play at the back, if he fits in the 1st team..i still dont fancy him in the 1st team however...

(Original post by Incomplete)
I would like to know personnaly whether chelsea fans are happy with their players their team is signing? To me, alot of them are not world class which is what you would expect with the money avaliable. Put another way, if I was manager I would of made different signings.
We'll have to see! as Kenyon said, how expensive the players depends on how the club performs this season...but i don't think Ferreira is that great at all. :eek:

byebye again!
Wolf
lotus_lee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Was another thread really necessary for this?
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
why is the Chelsea thread created before I left! :mad: anyways...

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Wolf/index.php?showtopic=10
you have your own site? looks nice

yes gallas is likely to be on the bench, an international centre back on the bench can't hurt the team, but yes, he might want to play regularly, but Mourinho wants to make sure there is a world class back-up e.g if JT gets injured (touchwood) :rolleyes: .
agreed, but still, i'd be pretty disappointed if i were gallas after the season he's just had

loooool i doubt it, looks more like Roman wanna spend some money to make his bank account look less suspicious..
suspicious, like what?
this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but i also think teams like to up the asking price when chelsea are buying

surely you'd want to have carvalho instead of gallas! you just don't put a £20 million player on the bench :rolleyes: , carvalho is reputated to be one of the fastest c.m in the world too. I'd have drogba,kezman,duff,robben,lampar d,makelele,ferreira,carvalho,ter ry,bridge,cudicini
agreed, carvallho must start (at least at the beginning), otherwise it's just a waste of money (not that that means much to roman)

No commento :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

argh
erm....

how do you have two right wings? :confused:
you knew what he means :rolleyes:

eh..why not play both robben and duff? both can and have played as left and right wingers...
yeah, it would be better than geremi, imo....but the only problem is that both of them are really left-footed (i think)...

I hope so, but don't judge by the money we've spent. 90% of our buys are way overpriced. Kezman at £5 mil is probably the best player we've bought, and the 2nd cheapest...
once again, price doesn't matter for chelsea nowadays- as long as they get their man....and i agree, kezman was a bargain and might prove to be one of the signings of the season

Robben -striker? i doubt it, for the moment anyways, we have too many world class strikers.. Robben is a winger for me, he is known for his speed and crosses, and skills, not really for putting balls behind the net.

and...Yes yes yes, Carvalho is very overpriced, he worths about 5-10 million, and madrid offered 9 million...now that says something :rolleyes:
but think- if mutu isn't on form, and another one is injured, then robben could prove to be useful

I think Smertin will play at the back, if he fits in the 1st team..i still dont fancy him in the 1st team however...
i haven't seen too much of smertin, but, like you, i can't see him getting into the first team, esp at the back!

We'll have to see, as Kenyon said, how expensive the players are depend on how the club performs this season...but i don't think Ferreira is that great at all.

byebye again!
Wolf
i think ferreira will do a better job than johnson...
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lotus_lee)
Was another thread really necessary for this?
...and was this thread even necessary? :rolleyes:
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you're really bored

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/h...00/2123012.stm GO GO DENISE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/h...00/3933743.stm
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that reminds me, i did the tennis...
herculympics: what's your best? i tried it once and got a silver- it's that damn showjumping!
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the tennis is too hard for me

heh i can do the heptathlon tho- i got around 9000 points GOLD FOR DENISE woot!

u just gotta tap b,n real fast

havnt actually tried the Hercules properly.
firebladez777.5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
There's also Kicking Kings, which I actually prefer to any of the BBC olympics games.

(Not the Rugby Season, but let's not forget "We are the Champions"!)

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/sportaca...00/2190755.stm
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by firebladez777.5)
There's also Kicking Kings, which I actually prefer to any of the BBC olympics games.

(Not the Rugby Season, but let's not forget "We are the Champions"!)

http://newssearch.bbc.co.uk/sportaca...00/2190755.stm
yeah, that's good, but i'm not very good at it...
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yeah, that's good, but i'm not very good at it...
Level 3 is bloody impossible!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
the tennis is too hard for me
tip for the tennis:
use shakey (mainly so you don't have to play him).
when you get to elvis, start giving him short returns early on into the point, so that he comes into the net...then lob him on the next shot- he'll miss the majority of them
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by firebladez777.5)
Level 3 is bloody impossible!
is that the one where you get really far away....i remember one level where i was really far away and at an angle (either level 4 or 5)
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
is that the one where you get really far away....i remember one level where i was really far away and at an angle (either level 4 or 5)
Yeah you're really far away.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i guess i was just imagining levels 4 and 5 :confused: , cos the game ends at 3...anyway, here it is:
Attached files
JumpinJackFlash
Report 15 years ago
it was so loud when we won u couldnt hear someone next 2 u talking :rolleyes:
JumpinJackFlash
Report 15 years ago
i am 14 n can do it in 13 seconds but then i feel sick n dizzy
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chats)
Great match

edit: also man utd beating bayern munich in 1999

also when man utd demolished arsenal 6-1

Those two were my all-time favourites. (Actually, any game where ManU beat the crap out of Arsenal suits me fine)
JumpinJackFlash
Report 15 years ago
its so dat crap teams e.g. west ham and brighton get sum attention coz dey aint in da premiership :cool:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed