Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    why iznt the Chelsea thread created before I left! :mad: anyways...

surely you'd want to have carvalho instead of gallas! you just don't put a £20 million player on the bench :rolleyes: , carvalho is reputated to be one of the fastest c.m in the world too.
    You left.....when did that happen?!?!?! :confused:

I'm afraid i don't know enough about Carvalho....that's the only reason i'm sticking with Gallas in defence.

And with regards to the wingers thing....i meant one on each wing....but aren't both players left-footed?? So they'd be less effective on the right surely???

G

ReputationRep:
    your views...*sorry poll options are so long*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Well, his job title is 'football manager' and despite being knocked out in Euro 2004, he has done a good job. So I don't see any problems with him.

ReputationRep:
    He should go now! !

ReputationRep:
    After what I heard on ITV Evening News, I'm convinced he should be sacked.

People who cop out by using terms like 'I never categorically confirmed or denied...' (when they are clearly in the wrong) should be shot.

Prior till today's revelations, I was willing to let the whole thing go - as what Sven does is his business.

However, in seeking to qualify (and thus look beyond) his wrongdoing - the root cause of the problem; Sven has effectively signed his death warrant as far as I'm concerned.

ReputationRep:
    As for the poll options, in a perfect world, I would select "he should resign because his position is now untenable".

ReputationRep:
    pffft i knew i'd get the poll wrong. anyways...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    I think he's done farily well as manager, but we need a change now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I think he's done farily well as manager, but we need a change now.
    Why? It's the old cliche about giving them time. Sven's only lost two competitive games in charge of England, as far as I know, and one of those was on penalties. Who do you expect to get in as a replacement who'll do any better? It's pathetic that people are using this as an excuse to sack him. Grrr :mad:
    Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Why? It's the old cliche about giving them time. Sven's only lost two competitive games in charge of England, as far as I know, and one of those was on penalties. Who do you expect to get in as a replacement who'll do any better? It's pathetic that people are using this as an excuse to sack him. Grrr :mad:
    Rant over.
    Got to give him credit though, Ulrika and that secretary - how old is he?!

Good on you, Sven

ReputationRep:
    he didn't do anything wrong did he? he's single after all...
    and i hear she's selling her story for £1,000,000!! she's not just a pretty face...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Got to give him credit though, Ulrika and that secretary - how old is he?!

Good on you, Sven
    Oh yeah, no question about it. Let's face it - how many women on the street would go for a softly-spoken, balding, grey-haired 50 something man?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less about his personal life.

I just think he's overrated as a manager. We may have only lost to a couple of teams but who have we played apart from those we've lost to?

Albania? Slovakia? The only memorable win that springs to mind is 5-1.

He was pants at the European Championships - way too negative and tactically naive. The only thing keeping him in the job at the moment is the fact there's no real alternative.

ReputationRep:
    yep

ReputationRep:
    Adam Gilchrist
    Stepehn Fleming
    Inzamam ul Haq
    Rahul Dravid
    Ramnaresh Sarwan
    Jaques Kallis
    Andy Flintoff / Steve Harmison
    Mark Boucher
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Shane Warne
    Steve Harmison

i think i put in at least one from each test playing team ... pity about zimbabwe and bangladesh , i would have put andy flower in place of sarwan but hes retired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    Adam Gilchrist
    Stepehn Fleming
    Inzamam ul Haq
    Rahul Dravid
    Ramnaresh Sarwan
    Jaques Kallis
    Andy Flintoff / Steve Harmison
    Mark Boucher
    Shoaib Akhtar
    Shane Warne
    Steve Harmison
    i put in gilchrist and mark boucher .... boucher should keep wickets , i needed a good hitter to start as opener ... i would have put yasir hameed but i expected ravs to flame me about it soon enuf (for putting 3 pakplayers ) since no team is gud enuf for him apart from india :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    Ollie is away until 7th August, any other mod that can do this??

W.
    All of them can do it, its up toy o whether you put it in the about forum then get them to stick it or whetheryou get them to write the message for you!

ReputationRep:
    no not at all, im not anti pak, i have pakistani family for goodness sake

i think it would be a bit unrealistic to put yasir hameed, he has played some pretty weak opposition in bangaldesh etc, and did alrite against india. to say he would make a world xi atm is way off the mark i think

my two teams have quite a few indian players but then again wisden cricinfo chose quite alot of indian players, i think i chose the same number as them, does that make me biased, even if crickets biggest media source agrees with me?

i believe the only pak player to make it into wisdens list was shoaib, he made both lists. yasir hameed in my eyes wouldnt come close
    also inzimam wouldnt bat at 3, hes superstitious and only bats at 4, where im pretty certain SRT would beat him for that spot

ReputationRep:
    For me the musts are:

Tendulkar, quite simply a legend.
    Gilchrist, the best keeper-batsman around.
    Flintoff, England's talisman, can change a game in the team's favour if in good nick.
    Muralitharan, legendary spinner. I'd want a spinner in my XI and he egdes it over Warne for me.

So I'd have:

Tendulkar
    Vaughan
    Youhana
    Dravid
    Flintoff
    Cairns
    Gilchrist
    McGrath
    Lee
    Akhtar
    Muralitharan

ReputationRep:
    Two things id like to point out to those who voted for the first option:

1) Sven isnt good at his job, hes horribly overrated. Despite having the most talented crop of England players available for decades he is only the 3rd most 'successful'(though as none of them won anything, whether any can be described as such is dubious) of the last 5 England managers and missed an open goal by not winning the world cup in 2002, the game against Brazil WAS the final.

2) Its not his private life if we know about it. As England manager he represents the nation and if he cant even keep the mouse in the house to maintain his own dignity and that of the nation he is paid to represent he has no right to keep his position.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.