Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
Cool Lad
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
Oh yeah, no question about it. Let's face it - how many women on the street would go for a softly-spoken, balding, grey-haired 50 something man?
and how many softly-spoken, balding, grey-haired 50 something men? earning 4 million per year???????
nan Siarich
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cool Lad)
and how many softly-spoken, balding, grey-haired 50 something men? earning 4 million per year???????
Exactly. Likeness to Monty Burns aside, hes not that bad for his age.
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Graz AK (Austria) v Liverpool (England)

Juventus (Italy) v Djurgarden (Sweden) or Kaunas (Lithuania)

SK Tirana (Albania) or Ferencvaros (Hungary) v APOEL Nicosia (Cyprus) or Sparta Prague (Czech Republic)

Rosenborg Trondheim (Norway) or Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova) v Maccabi Haifa (Israel)

Bayer Leverkusen (Germany) v Banik Ostrava (Czech Republic)

Neftchi Baku (Azerbaijan) or CSKA Moscow (Russia) v Glasgow Rangers (Scotland)

Pyunik (Armenia) or Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) v Club Bruges (Belgium) or Lokomotiv Plovdiv (Bulgaria)

Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine) v Skonto Riga (Latvia) or Trabzonspor (Turkey)

Young Boys (Switzerland) or Red Star Belgrade (Serbia & Montenegro) v PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands)

Zilina (Slovakia) or Dinamo Bucharest (Romania) v Manchester United (England)

Basel (Switzerland) v Inter Milan (Italy)

Benfica (Portugal) v Anderlecht (Belgium)

Deportivo Coruna (Spain) v Hajduk Split (Croatia) or Shelbourne (Rep of Ire)

PAOK Salonika (Greece) v HJK Helsinki (Finland) or Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel)

Nova Gorica (Slovenia) or FC Copenhagen (Denmark) v Monaco (France)

WIT Georgia Tbilisi (Georgia) or Wisla Krakow (Poland) v Real Madrid (Spain)
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravs)
pretty certain SRT would beat him for that spot
i didnt mean it tht way i just meant it would be fair if a world 11 was limited to jus a max pf 2 players from each test playing team ... tht would only b a fair representation if it reall was to be called a " world " XI

if by SRT u mean tendulkar , i dont know his middle name , hes not performing really well these days , true hes a legend but his past batting is way way much better than wat he is doing nowadays .... id rather prefer inzamam coz hes been performing consistently in the past tour , and even though he didnt score any big ones this tournament he looked like a man in form ....

on another note
muralitharan would be a good choice , but i dont want n e controversy in my team ... its safer to take shane warne even though i dont like druggies , hes been pretty low key since his ban was lifted
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This guy jus gets better everytime he gets on the pitch , bowling or batting .... n e one else think he could be one of the best all rounders in the world , ie the likes of imran khan etc ?

todays 167 at edgbaston was simply amazing
firebladez777.5
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
This guy jus gets better everytime he gets on the pitch , bowling or batting .... n e one else think he could be one of the best all rounders in the world , ie the likes of imran khan etc ?

He was on excellent form form today...I'd definitely agree he's the best all-rounder in the game atm. Pity he just seems like such an idiot in real life.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nan Siarich)
Two things id like to point out to those who voted for the first option:

1) Sven isnt good at his job, hes horribly overrated. Despite having the most talented crop of England players available for decades he is only the 3rd most 'successful'(though as none of them won anything, whether any can be described as such is dubious) of the last 5 England managers and missed an open goal by not winning the world cup in 2002, the game against Brazil WAS the final.

2) Its not his private life if we know about it. As England manager he represents the nation and if he cant even keep the mouse in the house to maintain his own dignity and that of the nation he is paid to represent he has no right to keep his position.
And in reply I would say who on earth are you going to replace him with? Gary Megson
:rolleyes:

I think that Sven has done a good job for this country, his private life is irrelevant and there are no obvious replacements.
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah, he is brilliant. Although he is only playing due to injections (pain killers) he's had to take for his foot I believe. If it doesn't improve he might have to have surgery, which would rule him out for several months, but the ECB doctor guy said that surgery was the last resort (they were talking aboout it on Talksport a few days ago)
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ever since Flintoff has been accused of carrying a lot of weight, he has got so much better and has proved all his critics wrong. Flintoff is vital to england. He will often be in there contributing to the runs. I think that his back is troubling him isn't it? Only problem is that the injury won't go away. The stuff he does dulls the pain, but doesn't take away the injury. Could the selectors be worsening the injury?
Euler
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
brilliant sportsman...a complete all rounder... his inswinging yorkers are stupendous...
jar
Report 15 years ago
Did you see that 6 that he hit into the top tier?!
It went straight to his dad but he dropped it - what are the chances of that happening!!
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Ever since Flintoff has been accused of carrying a lot of weight, he has got so much better and has proved all his critics wrong. Flintoff is vital to england. He will often be in there contributing to the runs. I think that his back is troubling him isn't it? Only problem is that the injury won't go away. The stuff he does dulls the pain, but doesn't take away the injury. Could the selectors be worsening the injury?
That was the debate I lsitened to on 'talksport'. Personally, I'd rather have him sort out any injuries to be fit and ready for the Ashes next year, rather than risk him when playing the W.Indies this summer.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by infekt)

My favourite Freddie contribution at the last test at Lords was "Mind the windows, Tino....."

2 balls later...Best charges down the wicket and is stumped!!!! What a joker!!

G
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jar)
Did you see that 6 that he hit into the top tier?!
It went straight to his dad but he dropped it - what are the chances of that happening!!
Yea great shot, and well played to Harmison too! If I was Vaughan I would've been tempted to let him get to 50!
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nan Siarich)
Two things id like to point out to those who voted for the first option:

1) Sven isnt good at his job, hes horribly overrated. Despite having the most talented crop of England players available for decades he is only the 3rd most 'successful'(though as none of them won anything, whether any can be described as such is dubious) of the last 5 England managers and missed an open goal by not winning the world cup in 2002, the game against Brazil WAS the final.

2) Its not his private life if we know about it. As England manager he represents the nation and if he cant even keep the mouse in the house to maintain his own dignity and that of the nation he is paid to represent he has no right to keep his position.
I agree with number 1) more than 2). If he had won Euro 2004, no one would've cared who he was shagging. I do think he doesn't have the bottle to handle some of the big egos. I mean Scolari would've probably dropped Beckham, but Sven would never. He just isn;t brave enough- he's done OK for England, but nothing special
hihihihi
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
Why? It's the old cliche about giving them time. Sven's only lost two competitive games in charge of England, as far as I know, and one of those was on penalties. Who do you expect to get in as a replacement who'll do any better? It's pathetic that people are using this as an excuse to sack him. Grrr :mad:
Rant over.
Defending on a one goal lead, firstly against France, then secondly and even more stupidly for 80 minutes against Portugal- that's just plain stupid. (and let's not forget against Brazil)
JumpinJackFlash
Report 15 years ago
U r right he is the best batter and bowler dat england have got :eek: and if it wasn't for him we wouldnt be the second best in the world, hes like a superhero for us :rolleyes:
JumpinJackFlash
Report 15 years ago
Why does evry1 call him freddie flintoff? :confused:
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I love Freddie. Great character, great cricketer. Should be captain .
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JumpinJackFlash)
Why does evry1 call him freddie flintoff? :confused:
I'm assuming cos his name is flintoff....flintstone...fred... freddie flintoff

G
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
21.74%
No (36)
78.26%

Watched Threads