Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    I'm assuming cos his name is flintoff....flintstone...fred... freddie flintoff

G
    wow, i never knew that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiksilver)
    wow, i never knew that
    I didn't either....although someone told me that was the reason a while back when i brought it up....i dunno if it's the actual reason...but it's feasible...and i have no idea why on earth he'd be called freddie otherwise!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    That was the debate I lsitened to on 'talksport'. Personally, I'd rather have him sort out any injuries to be fit and ready for the Ashes next year, rather than risk him when playing the W.Indies this summer.
    Ditto. Plus, the longer he leaves the injury, the worse it will get, and maybe the longer the recovery time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I love Freddie. Great character, great cricketer. Should be captain .
    im sure he will b when vaughn retires .... england really struck it rich when they got this team together , key , strauss !!! Flintoff , Harmison .... excellent cricketers , i feel the ashes will b much bigger than india pakistan . England finally have a team capable of competing with the aussies ( in recent history that is )

ReputationRep:
    i feel its a stupid rule .... spinners can pitch outside leg stump and defintly get some turn and get a batsman bold , but if it hits his pad hes adjudged not out ... pretty stupid i think

ReputationRep:
    What you lot reckon? I'm thinking Williams hasn't got the mental strength to last many rounds let alone win. However whether he can take the beating for more than 3 rounds is the question I'm waiting to see answered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajoruna)
    What you lot reckon? I'm thinking Williams hasn't got the mental strength to last many rounds let alone win. However whether he can take the beating for more than 3 rounds is the question I'm waiting to see answered.
    3 rounds max

ReputationRep:
    Tyson is out of prison?

ReputationRep:
    Tyson within 2 rounds i reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JumpinJackFlash)
    its so dat crap teams e.g. west ham and brighton get sum attention coz dey aint in da premiership :cool:
    Hmm interesting that you lump West Ham (team who provided all the goalscorers(in the final) and captain of Englands only World Cup Winning team) with Brighton. I'd hardly say the two were on level pegging. And when you look at this seasons Premiership theres a fair few teams who could described as 'crap' by your use of the word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Tyson is out of prison?
    ages ago...he's bankrupt now
    when did you get all the neg rep?

The Athens Olympic park at night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    The Athens Olympic park at night.
    wow, that does look amazing!

Just four months ago it was looking like it was a bombarded area. lol

That s a basketball or volleyball stadium (?) at the coastal zone of Faliro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard)
    That s a basketball or volleyball stadium (?) at the coastal zone of Faliro.
    it all looks really nice....and as you said earlier, it didn't look so promising a few months ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wonderboy)
    New tests being used at Athens for HGH (Human Growth Hormone)... Should be interesting to see how many athletes are caught out by this one, as it was previously undetctable (in isolated circumstances).

HGH however, is used by 'normal' people, and is totally legal, I wouldn't mind trying some of that stuff out myself.

W.
    Well seeing as you are a 17 year old lad it would be quite inadvisable for you to try some, unless you would like to have disproportionally large hands and feet.

ReputationRep:
    yeah can see where ur coming from but i think the law about not offering a shot is a very very good one as it prevents batetrs from just padding away and encourages positive play

i wasnt a huge fan of giles tactics to SRT when they last played india, it was negatie boring cricket. funny thing is ppl said it worked just cos he got sachin stumped, they frget however that he was on 90, made 300 runs in those 3 test matches (i was at one of those games in india) and in england in 4 tests he made over 400 runs, so 700 runs in 7 tests, not bad ey?

btw i would like to make slight alteration to my odi ROW xi, im gona sub in inzamam ul haq for lara, as inzi is more consistent and is the 2nd leading runscorer, and a brilliant batter, laras been a bit up and down in ODIs

ReputationRep:
    SRT is sachin yes and since 2000 hes averaged just over 58, which is marvellous.

i cant really see youhana making a world xi and cairns has retired, this is in resposne to another poster btw

dravid would make a world xi before SRT nowadays, due to his amazing consistency, he has the highest average since 2000 of any batter and also has the highest away average compared to ponting, lara etc which is amaizng cos indians dont travel well, i think it stands near about 62 or 63.
    inzamam would come close to my test xi but SRT would pip him, in odis however i would like to correct my xi and put izi over lara at 4

freddy flintoff has indeed done well, but its a toss up between him and kallis, kallis is a better batter and in terms of bowlign he doesnt bowl that much anymore, i think kallis might just make it ahead of freddy, but freddy is definitely into my odi team, hes the premier allrounder atm.
    brett lee wouldnt make a world xi, hes been awful in test matches recently, went for 200 runs at sydney against india and has had alot of injury problems, someone like ntini might be a better pick

i dont know where uve been living recently mate shane warne has come back like a bang, on the lanka tour he took 4 consecutive 5fors i think, did really well. his true test will come against his old nemesis, india, he averages about 55 runs per wicket against us and its his last tour in all likelihood

should be a great series

asia cup final on sunday, be a tight match especially now jayasuriya has hit his straps, lanka are definitely favourites, we will need to bowl well and field like demons and bat sensisbly in the first 15 to stand any chance whatsoever

cheers

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.