Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
ravs
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
well a true ROW xi in my books is the best 11 players, now as australians cannot be included, it would bring players of all nations as there is not one other side who is that good to have 11 of their own team to beat the aus without possibly doing better having the services of an ace player from another side

so a ROW xi would be loads of diff players anyway. if mroe players are from eng or india in that xi, it would merely be a portrayal of how well that country is doing atm, as more of their players are in such good form as to be considered for selection

i dont know if i worded that right but do u see my point?
ravs
Report 15 years ago
the reaosn is cos his old lancashire coach, david lloyd i think it was, said his face reminded him of fred flinstone
ravs
Report 15 years ago
ashes wont be bigger than india pakistan, the india pak series was watched by a huge global audience, not even half of that will watch the ashes. also the india pak series both odis and tests generated $25m, ashes wouldnt come close to revenue gained through both sponsership and ticket sales, although the barmy army do give sterling support. my old boss is australian and he said that alot of aussies have given up on the ashes now and view it more as tradition than an actual fight, cos eng have been so poor over the years. the aussies think that the closest side to them is india, and respect us alot for the hardfight we gave them in getting a 1-1 draw, although in fairness, after getting 705 in sydney in the final test, we should have won, but katich played a blinder, as did tugga waugh in his final test

i think its a bit premature to start hailng robert key, he has played ashes cricket in australia in 2003 and did miserably, so to start calling him a class act is a tad premature

england have improved loads , but they always do before an ashes campaign and get slaughtered by the aussies, we wil have to wait and see

flintoff is a fine allrounder, got the batting sorted but bowling needs to improve as his bowling stats need a bit of fine tuning, needs the average around about 27-30, currently about 39 i think. i think jacques kallis is probably the worlds best allrounder at present, hes an awesome batter, averaging over 100 this year, averaging about 56 in test cricket, so he beats flintoff there, but flintoff is a more aggressive bowler and a better slip fieldsman, but i think kallis is probably marginally ahead due to moe experience.
will be great to see them head to head when england tour SA this winter for 5 tests

its sad that there arent many class allrounders as in the 80s with imran khan, kapil dev,botham, hadlee, mike proctor. the best ever allrounder however was the one and only Garfield Sobers. the best all round cricketer the game has ever seen without doubt.

the only reason ive always thought tht england could never challenge for the ashes was cos they lack a quality spinner, i mean look at warnes contribution to ashes cricket, huge. if giles can get going and pick up regular wickets, u never know, england could stand a good chance
m:)ckel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To those who didn't give him a chance, here's the story:
Williams Beats Tyson
goldenboy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
bloody hell.

i knew he was past it but to lose to danny williams, thats real bad man.

a complete shocker 2.
Dajoruna
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Tyson is well and truely finished, congratulations to Danny Williams; showed some true resolve.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What a result!
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i cant believe it, i think it was fixed so tyson gets more money if he loses. well done danny anyway
chats
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
all the british teams will win
Mad_Monkey59
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have you heard... Hell just froze over!!!

Williams loses to Potter; who got absolutly destroyed by Sprot, shortly before that gets KO'd by some Turkish ploder ... And then goes and hammers Tyson in the 4th!!!

Bout time the Iron man retires i think!!!
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I never knew Iron was so fragile. *boom boom*
goldenboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
boxing is a mess!

heavyweight division is crap.

any fans out there.

what fighters u like.

i like roy jones, amazingly fast hands! also shane mosley.
Prologue
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i watched the fight. tyson was really close to a 1st round KO but couldnt find an extra clean punch. williams didnt lose to potter btw.

i knew that williams would put in his best ever performance as it was his one outstanding chance for a skilled fighter but i didnt think he'd win that comprehensively.

roy jones isnt heavyweight nemore and he got beat last fight neway. vitali klitschko is good and should dominate but williams can also get a top version of the world title.
goldenboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
but when royn jones gets tarver back, he will go back to heavy for one big pay day and destroy v.klitchko.

roy jones > a prime ali.

beleive me, watch his fights and see how much skill thi guy has been blessed with, i know my boxing , and he is the ****.
stu_uk_aussie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Has Any of you chelsea supporters thought about the future:

What is going to happen when Roman gets bored with Football and decides its time to move onto something else, and leaves you with massive bills and wages. I Can see administration coming.

just my two cents
lgs98jonee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no way that kallis is as good as flintoff on current form. the reason why flintoff's averages r so ****e cos he played for years as a quite poor standard and rather large player for england, when maybe he shouldnt have...now however, i bet he is averaging a huge run score and he gets plenty of wickets too
Prologue
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by goldenboy)
but when royn jones gets tarver back, he will go back to heavy for one big pay day and destroy v.klitchko.

roy jones > a prime ali.

beleive me, watch his fights and see how much skill thi guy has been blessed with, i know my boxing , and he is the ****.
err yeah... ive seen him fight a lot actually.

he never goes for the fight against the very best fighters of the moment. hes beaten some now great fighters but not when they were at their best and could have forught better like michaeciewski, benn etc. he also got thrahsed by tarver and isnt going for an immediate rematch and looking for an easy belt and making excuses.

as a heavyweight he hasnt got enough power to deal with klistchko as his frame is puny in comparison even at heavyweight and he would be dwarfed. he couldnt push him back or knock him out and as hes suceptible to big punhces so he cant beat a big puncher (ruiz wasnt a big puncher).

roy jones also dropped his wba title as he didnt want to fight his mandatory and wanted to hand pick someone more his own size. he wanted to fight tyson but only because he knew that it was a no-lose situation as tyson still had the aura around him b4 williams and it wouldve probably been a final fight.
ravs
Report 15 years ago
kallis made 4 hundreds in 4 test matches at home, he was in awesome form the last time sa played. ofcourse he isnt in as good form as flintoff, cos he isnt playing atm
kallis is by far a better and more technically correct batsman, but flintoff is a better bowler
goldenboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well u dont know boxing.

ive boxed amatuer undefeated 27 fites, and adopted his style, trust me it fools bigger guys.

tarver got a lucky punch.

after the geln johnson fite, jones will destroy tarver and get his pay day

remember the james toney fight, he beat hopkins with a broken hand, beat ruiz who guys like lennox ducked!!!

yeah, thats my point, he wud batter dariuz, benn, etc. even benn said publicly when he retired that jones is the boxing einsten!

people dont appreciate real atlent, they hate on what had real god given talent, and thats what the guy has done for the sport. why else was he given an award for boxer of the 90's?
goldenboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
in my top order, personal proven greats are:

1) roy jones jr
2) ali
3) sugar ray leonard
4) rocky marciano
5) shane mosley (i might get dissed for this one but before he moved up in weight he was quite an amazing talent).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads