Archive SPTM/0001/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
ickleangel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
premiership- chelsea
championship- leicester (so i'm biased!!)
rah
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
The Coca Cola League Championship

WEST HAM!

...or leicester which is sadly more realistic.

as for the rest of the leagues, pah who cares, just hope spurs go down
kingslaw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Coca Cola League On: Stockport County

(is there any other leagues I'm missing?)
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kingslaw)
Coca Cola League One: Stockport County

(is there any other leagues I'm missing?)
Yeah the rest of um listed in the first post ?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For that heinous name calling my friend, I ask God to press upon you the most unmerciful punishment ever. You are forced, for all eternity, to follow a football team of which no man dare ever speak his support of. There it is *points* over there - can you see it? It's hidden in those shadows - you know, the ones of all the other London teams. Don't worry, its not too daunting, its actually a really tiny club and no one goes to their matches. You'll be safe there.

P.S. Do you know what 'Forza Boro' means? It means 'come on Boro' in Italian. I might need to use that next season when I'm on a European tour, following my team.

Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am going for another season that will be totally blown out of all proportion by the press and broadcast media.

16 Pages of football in all of the Sunday papers telling us how "wonderful" and "exciting" watching the likes of Blackburn play Spurs was. This coverage does not include sex scandals and allegations of "roasting" or "dogging" (the latter being a practice indulged in by Stan Collymore) which will be allocated the front page of The News Of The World and / or The Sunday People.

I am looking forward to being force fed hour after hour of magazine programmes as the likes of Andy Gray spend hours analysing matches and stating the obvious.

Yes, after a short break of approx. 4-5 weeks from the end of Euro 2004 we are now about to recommence our nationwide worship at the altar of football.

If I am being totally honest there are probably about 15-20 games a season worth watching out of the hundreds(?) broadcast.

Football has gone crazy, no longer is it about the love of the game it is now all money, money, money. This is coming from someone (me) who regularly attended home games at a Premiership / Division One club and played at a decent level himself.

Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Bloody chief, he dissed Andy Gray. Gray is one heck of a good analyst, if you want stating the obvious then I'm soory, you missed ITV's coverage.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For Andy Gray read any football pundit.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
For Andy Gray read any football pundit.
In which case you do him a great disservice. The man is better than your average pundit.
lotus_lee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Manchester United
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lotus_lee)
Manchester United
And the other leagues other than the Premiership ?
m:)ckel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Louise_1988)
I wonder how SA will do down in Sri lanka later this summer... will give an idea of how world class they are.

Ooh how about this, Giles up to the 10th best bowler in the world. http://www.http://cricketratings.pwc...ricket.htm.com
Although he isn't an outstanding world-class spinner on the pitches he's played on in England he's done very well.
i think that will be a good test for SA, considering SL are pretty good at home, and just had a decent series in australia....

talking about ratings, the ODI rankings have been updated...from memory, it is:

1. Australia
2. New Zealand
3. Sri Lanka
4. South Africa
5. India
6. Pakistan
7. England
8. West Indies
9. Zimbabwe
10. Kenya
11. Bangladesh
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mockel)
i think that will be a good test for SA, considering SL are pretty good at home, and just had a decent series in australia....

talking about ratings, the ODI rankings have been updated...from memory, it is:

1. Australia
2. New Zealand
3. Sri Lanka
4. South Africa
5. India
6. Pakistan
7. England
8. West Indies
9. Zimbabwe
10. Kenya
11. Bangladesh
dont know which ranking tht is but the icc one is
Australia 129

England 107

South Africa 106

Pakistan 105

India 104

Sri Lanka 99

New Zealand 94

West Indies 76

Zimbabwe 51

Bangladesh 1
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Andy Gray is indeed by far the best pundit on television. He offers insight and explanation into sometimes the tiniest things you would never have thought of, and yes, sometimes obvious things, but that's the beauty of it - he says things me and you are already thinking and explains them and their consequences really well. He picks up on things other pundits/television programmes don't and he doesn't patronise his audience, unlike ITV.

BBC aren't bad mind - Alan Hansen's a good pundit (and my 2nd cousin) and Gary Lineker is a surprisingly good presenter. Oh, and Ian Wright is pure genius at England matches.
EPD
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
The FA Barclaycard Premiership

Arsenal

The Coca Cola League Championship

West Ham

Coca Cola League One

Bristol City

Coca Cola League Two

Lincoln City (no bias at all)

Nationwide Conference

Dagenham and Redbridge

Nationwide Conference North

Southport

Nationwide Conference South

Margate
watford110
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Predictions for the championship season ne1?

my top 6 and bottom 3 are as follows;

1. Wolves
2. Leicester
3. West Ham
4. QPR
5. Ipswitch
6. Watford

22. Rotherham
23. Burnley
24. Gillingham
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sport subforum
Lee86
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by watford110)
Predictions for the championship season ne1?

my top 6 and bottom 3 are as follows;

1. Wolves
2. Leicester
3. West Ham
4. QPR
5. Ipswitch
6. Watford

22. Rotherham
23. Burnley
24. Gillingham

Watford 6th hummmmm i watched them in the friendly against lincoln they will have to improve a hell of alot just to stay up i think 6th is u being a little biased.... sorry ..... u did have a very good forward play for u tho who name i forget but if he plays well u shud be safe.
watford110
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lee86)
Watford 6th hummmmm i watched them in the friendly against lincoln they will have to improve a hell of alot just to stay up i think 6th is u being a little biased.... sorry ..... u did have a very good forward play for u tho who name i forget but if he plays well u shud be safe.
i think the player ur on about is danny webber. he shud do well.

yeh, the lincoln game was poor but i think we r dark horses 4 this season
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Full story here. Personally I think that there a number of reasons for this. Firstly, and fairly obviously, he's not doing it for England and it's starting to become embarrassing. Also, it's only going to have a negative effect on his club career so there's not much point in continuing. The situation is similar to the one in which Alan Shearer found himself in prior to retiring from international football.

However, I think the timing of the decision could be a big pointer towards Eriksson's future. Sven picks many players, Scholes included, on the basis of reputation rather than performance. I'm sure that even Scholes himself believes that his inclusion in the team has been somewhat unjustified. This leads me to think that Scholes suspects that a new manager will be in place by the end of the week, one who will not pick his team with the same logic, thus the chances of Scholes being dropped are high. He's quit before having to suffer the indignity of that. This has probably been the deciding factor in his decision.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads