Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Squash is better anyway

(Sorry, I know that's not very constructive.. )

1. Leicester
    2. West Ham

Play offs
    3. Sunderland
    4. Wolves
    5. Wigan
    6. Nottingham Forest (woo)

18. Crewe
    19. Rotherham
    20. Leeds (hahaha)

West Ham vs Leicester (or possibly the other way round) first match of the season, going be a pretty decisive match i reckon

ReputationRep:
    1. leeds
    2. West Ham
    3. Sunderland
    4. QPR
    5. Leicester
    6. Wolves

22. Burnley
    23.Gillingham
    24. Rotherham

ReputationRep:
    if u had the choice to remove one player from ur favorite team and put in one of ur own who would it be and y ?

Team : AC milan
    PLyer removed : Rui Costa
    Added : Totti

Reason : Rui costa isnt the same as he was before , hes bcum old . Totti oozes class apart from the spitting incident . Pity he wont be their in athens

ReputationRep:
    Boston

OUT: Hard to single out one player as it's pre-season, but I'd say Tom Bennett since he's still struggling to regain fitness after an injury.

IN: Erm... Frank Lampard. A midfielder in the same sort of role as Bennett, but just a little bit better.

ReputationRep:
    Team : Arsenal
    Removed: Bergkamp
    Added: Ronaldinho

Reason: Ronaldinho was class last season at barca and bergkamp is passed it. His flashes of brilliance are too few and far between.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen the leeds side?!
    It's absolute garbage.....they will be bottom half. The league is pretty strong this season so lots of teams could win, my tip prob wolves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    22. Burnley
    23.Gillingham
    24. Rotherham
    def agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GibbonGimp)
    Have you seen the leeds side?!
    It's absolute garbage.....they will be bottom half. The league is pretty strong this season so lots of teams could win, my tip prob wolves.
    yeah I reckon the Leeds side is pretty good at the moment, and to be honest it is a really **** league right now, nobody stands out as being great.

leeds do have some good players in there and have done well in the transfer market:

Joachim and Ricketts is a great division 1 partnership

they have Cadematari and Deane as back up as well

midfield they have this new youngster called walton who sounds very promising alongside Matthew Spring, Jermaine Wright, danny Pugh(man u) and frazer Richardson. also Chris Bart williams coming in

The defence is solid for that level as well with gary Kelly and Michael Duberry with Paul Butler and Killgallon.

Carson is a great young keeper and they have also signed Neil Sullivan as an experienced rival.

as far as i know they still have the likes of Bakke, Radebe and I think Barmby

a strong squad imo

ReputationRep:
    Team: Middlesbrough.

Player Out: George Boateng
    Player In: Steven Gerrard

Boateng is half decent, and he tries his best God bless him, but he ain't anywhere near the same league as Steven Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    Aylesbury:

out: does it have to only be 1 player fine.... Paul Lamb

In: bring back Gareth Risbridger

ReputationRep:
    Spurs

Out: Anthony Gardner (I would say Gary Doherty, but he probably won't be playing anyway)
    In: Alessandro Nesta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    yeah I reckon the Leeds side is pretty good at the moment, and to be honest it is a really **** league right now, nobody stands out as being great.

leeds do have some good players in there and have done well in the transfer market:

Joachim and Ricketts is a great division 1 partnership

they have Cadematari and Deane as back up as well

midfield they have this new youngster called walton who sounds very promising alongside Matthew Spring, Jermaine Wright, danny Pugh(man u) and frazer Richardson. also Chris Bart williams coming in

The defence is solid for that level as well with gary Kelly and Michael Duberry with Paul Butler and Killgallon.

Carson is a great young keeper and they have also signed Neil Sullivan as an experienced rival.

as far as i know they still have the likes of Bakke, Radebe and I think Barmby

a strong squad imo

barmby is a conference player, squad looks ok but its all about gelling 2getha. joachim was poor 4 the cov in div1 so cant c him doin nething special up front especially with that over rated donkey micheal rickets.

and also bakke is out for the season so i predict mid-table for leeds

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=George-W-Duck]
    (Original post by hattori)
    Yeah I know he's a dedicated player but I don't see how he fits in with Sven's style of play.

QUOTE]

I find this to be a very good point, how many of the midfield players, can say they fit in with svens style of play???
    lol yeah, most of the time the defence are pinned back and hanging on and for split seconds the defence manage to boot it up to attack who don't have a hope and the cycle goes back round to england just hanging on.

ReputationRep:
    Though Beckham was awful at euro 2004, he has a habit of following up poor performances with good ones, i.e sent off at france 98, then has best season of his career with the Man U treble, or all those shite free kicks against Greece in 2001 before he pulled THAT free kick out the hat. Beckham will once again brush any criticism with his football and his service for England in the near future should not be doubted. However I see Paul Scholes premature international retirement as a disaster for the England central midfield. I rate gerrard and lampard highly and I thought we went into euro 2004 with 4 of the best passers in the game. Keepin possesion should not have been a problem right? When the pressure was on when England were ahead against both France and Portugal, both gerrard and lampards inept distribution led to the continuous waves of attacks from the opposition which led to the eventual undesired result. Englands deep defending and counter attacking system obviously meant it possesion be difficult to maintain, but I believe scholes has the vision technical ability, to have led by example and given the defence a break. I pray, this pair who are likely to hold down the central midfield now, will develop their obvious talents with the mental strength to keep the heads when the situation arises in the future, which with Mr Eriksson at the helm, will happen.

2006 HAS to be our year!

ReputationRep:
    Buffon

Thuram/Campbell/Nesta

Beckham/Ronaldinho/Vieira/Zidane/Nedved

Van Nistelrooy/Henry

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd

Out: I wouldn't personally but if it's going to be anyone it might as well be Quinton Fortune. Give Kieran Richardson a bit of a chance.

In: Steed Malbranque. The man is sheer class. We miss Cantona and he's the closest around. I'd like to be a bit greedy and ask for Tomas Rosicky as well.

ReputationRep:
    newcastle

OUT : Titus bramble
    IN: john terry

would also make newcastle a pretty good side

ReputationRep:
    Here's the story from a spanish radio station, reported on BBC sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...al/3530524.stm

I really don't think that Viera is staying now. All that talk about him being so dedicated to arsenal now puzzles me. I mean, there must be some truth behind these stories. I hope that by some minor miracle that this story is mumbo jumbo, and that Viera does somehow stay at arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Man, Scholes quitting england, and maybe a fee agreed for Viera all in one day! That's waaaaaaaaaay to much to handle (well, Viera's news anyways. Scholes' was just a shock!).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 6, 2005
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.