Watch
This discussion is closed.
Chris_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Squash is better anyway

(Sorry, I know that's not very constructive.. )
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
1. Leicester
2. West Ham

Play offs
3. Sunderland
4. Wolves
5. Wigan
6. Nottingham Forest (woo)

18. Crewe
19. Rotherham
20. Leeds (hahaha)

West Ham vs Leicester (or possibly the other way round) first match of the season, going be a pretty decisive match i reckon
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
1. leeds
2. West Ham
3. Sunderland
4. QPR
5. Leicester
6. Wolves

22. Burnley
23.Gillingham
24. Rotherham
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if u had the choice to remove one player from ur favorite team and put in one of ur own who would it be and y ?

Team : AC milan
PLyer removed : Rui Costa
Added : Totti

Reason : Rui costa isnt the same as he was before , hes bcum old . Totti oozes class apart from the spitting incident . Pity he wont be their in athens
85ah11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Boston

OUT: Hard to single out one player as it's pre-season, but I'd say Tom Bennett since he's still struggling to regain fitness after an injury.

IN: Erm... Frank Lampard. A midfielder in the same sort of role as Bennett, but just a little bit better.
Economist
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Team : Arsenal
Removed: Bergkamp
Added: Ronaldinho

Reason: Ronaldinho was class last season at barca and bergkamp is passed it. His flashes of brilliance are too few and far between.
Suk
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you seen the leeds side?!
It's absolute garbage.....they will be bottom half. The league is pretty strong this season so lots of teams could win, my tip prob wolves.
watford110
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
22. Burnley
23.Gillingham
24. Rotherham
def agree with that.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by GibbonGimp)
Have you seen the leeds side?!
It's absolute garbage.....they will be bottom half. The league is pretty strong this season so lots of teams could win, my tip prob wolves.
yeah I reckon the Leeds side is pretty good at the moment, and to be honest it is a really **** league right now, nobody stands out as being great.

leeds do have some good players in there and have done well in the transfer market:

Joachim and Ricketts is a great division 1 partnership

they have Cadematari and Deane as back up as well

midfield they have this new youngster called walton who sounds very promising alongside Matthew Spring, Jermaine Wright, danny Pugh(man u) and frazer Richardson. also Chris Bart williams coming in

The defence is solid for that level as well with gary Kelly and Michael Duberry with Paul Butler and Killgallon.

Carson is a great young keeper and they have also signed Neil Sullivan as an experienced rival.

as far as i know they still have the likes of Bakke, Radebe and I think Barmby

a strong squad imo
goldenbarnes
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Team: Middlesbrough.

Player Out: George Boateng
Player In: Steven Gerrard

Boateng is half decent, and he tries his best God bless him, but he ain't anywhere near the same league as Steven Gerrard.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aylesbury:

out: does it have to only be 1 player fine.... Paul Lamb

In: bring back Gareth Risbridger
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Spurs

Out: Anthony Gardner (I would say Gary Doherty, but he probably won't be playing anyway)
In: Alessandro Nesta
watford110
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serious narb)
yeah I reckon the Leeds side is pretty good at the moment, and to be honest it is a really **** league right now, nobody stands out as being great.

leeds do have some good players in there and have done well in the transfer market:

Joachim and Ricketts is a great division 1 partnership

they have Cadematari and Deane as back up as well

midfield they have this new youngster called walton who sounds very promising alongside Matthew Spring, Jermaine Wright, danny Pugh(man u) and frazer Richardson. also Chris Bart williams coming in

The defence is solid for that level as well with gary Kelly and Michael Duberry with Paul Butler and Killgallon.

Carson is a great young keeper and they have also signed Neil Sullivan as an experienced rival.

as far as i know they still have the likes of Bakke, Radebe and I think Barmby

a strong squad imo

barmby is a conference player, squad looks ok but its all about gelling 2getha. joachim was poor 4 the cov in div1 so cant c him doin nething special up front especially with that over rated donkey micheal rickets.

and also bakke is out for the season so i predict mid-table for leeds
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
[QUOTE=George-W-Duck]
(Original post by hattori)
Yeah I know he's a dedicated player but I don't see how he fits in with Sven's style of play.

QUOTE]

I find this to be a very good point, how many of the midfield players, can say they fit in with svens style of play???
lol yeah, most of the time the defence are pinned back and hanging on and for split seconds the defence manage to boot it up to attack who don't have a hope and the cycle goes back round to england just hanging on.
temi
Report 16 years ago
Though Beckham was awful at euro 2004, he has a habit of following up poor performances with good ones, i.e sent off at france 98, then has best season of his career with the Man U treble, or all those shite free kicks against Greece in 2001 before he pulled THAT free kick out the hat. Beckham will once again brush any criticism with his football and his service for England in the near future should not be doubted. However I see Paul Scholes premature international retirement as a disaster for the England central midfield. I rate gerrard and lampard highly and I thought we went into euro 2004 with 4 of the best passers in the game. Keepin possesion should not have been a problem right? When the pressure was on when England were ahead against both France and Portugal, both gerrard and lampards inept distribution led to the continuous waves of attacks from the opposition which led to the eventual undesired result. Englands deep defending and counter attacking system obviously meant it possesion be difficult to maintain, but I believe scholes has the vision technical ability, to have led by example and given the defence a break. I pray, this pair who are likely to hold down the central midfield now, will develop their obvious talents with the mental strength to keep the heads when the situation arises in the future, which with Mr Eriksson at the helm, will happen.

2006 HAS to be our year!
temi
Report 16 years ago
Buffon

Thuram/Campbell/Nesta

Beckham/Ronaldinho/Vieira/Zidane/Nedved

Van Nistelrooy/Henry
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Man Utd

Out: I wouldn't personally but if it's going to be anyone it might as well be Quinton Fortune. Give Kieran Richardson a bit of a chance.

In: Steed Malbranque. The man is sheer class. We miss Cantona and he's the closest around. I'd like to be a bit greedy and ask for Tomas Rosicky as well.
Lee86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
newcastle

OUT : Titus bramble
IN: john terry

would also make newcastle a pretty good side
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Here's the story from a spanish radio station, reported on BBC sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...al/3530524.stm

I really don't think that Viera is staying now. All that talk about him being so dedicated to arsenal now puzzles me. I mean, there must be some truth behind these stories. I hope that by some minor miracle that this story is mumbo jumbo, and that Viera does somehow stay at arsenal.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Man, Scholes quitting england, and maybe a fee agreed for Viera all in one day! That's waaaaaaaaaay to much to handle (well, Viera's news anyways. Scholes' was just a shock!).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (245)
39.26%
Take autumn exams (186)
29.81%
Look for a job (21)
3.37%
Consider an apprenticeship (24)
3.85%
Take a year out (110)
17.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
6.09%

Watched Threads